Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

by stayc615

Original Post

Re: Excessive Baking

★ Guide

Funny thing is, with MCC and turning off autonomous baking, they then run into the fridge and start grabbing glasses of milk, but not drinking them. If you turn off grab a drink,  they then start pulling out snacks and before you know it .. you have 20 plates of animal crackers all over the house. If you turn off snack .. its a split between gourmet cooking .. or running to the bookshelf and pulling out random books then leaving them all over the house. 

Message 121 of 250 (2,461 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@zoiee2020 Whole lot of compost. Mind you I now understand why main is acting weird.
Message 122 of 250 (2,353 Views)

Re: Sims cook on their own despite Free Will being off

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this same exact issue. My sim, despite autonomy being disabled, would constantly get quick meals in the dorm. Then I moved them out of university housing into Sulani, and now it is white cakes galore and juice,milk, and water cups every 5 seconds. They will also stop eating their meals half way through to go make another cake. I also have Eco and do not have the "foodies unite" action plan enabled either. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. 

Message 123 of 250 (2,320 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem with a family which I'm doing a legacy challenge with. It's unplayable and doesn't fix it's self when I close the game and reopen. Anyone found a fix yet?

Message 124 of 250 (2,262 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You can try Simvasion's interaction and autonomy fix mods. I am not sure if it is allowed to share links here; therefore, you can basically google 'Simvasion' and reach the website. Thanks to this mod, all of the NAP related problems for me are solved.

Message 125 of 250 (2,241 Views)

Re: Bess won't stop baking cakes

★★ Novice

I have same issue.  I find cakes on her make up table, half baked cakes in their oven, and cakes just randomly laying around everywhere.  I found over 12 of them in the refrigerator where the maid kept stashing them in there.  Some cakes weren't even recognized enough that I could pull them out of there!  I had to tell my SIMS to pull them out so she could spend half the day cleaning up cakes!  It's so annoying.

Message 126 of 250 (2,222 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm so glad to find this thread - I took a break from sims for a while and then started fresh. I sent my sim to university and since then I keep having to watch carefully for the non stop baking of white cakes - the sim that does this is level 10 cooking and level 10 gourmet cooking and has MANY other recipes to choose from, but still makes that freaking cake. Stops making cake to make a different cake. Its driving me nuts keeping up on it. Autonomy is shut off, but it's overridden. No NAP order as suggested either.

This sim did not do this prior to being sent to university dorm life.

Message 127 of 250 (2,180 Views)

White Cake and Push-up Bug 6-25-2020

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occurs during normal play.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim stops in the middle of everything and bakes white cake or does push-ups. In a household of three sims, only one is doing this.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sims go about their day normally and fulfill commands and not to bake white cakes constantly or to do push-ups constantly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

In the last two days of playing the game, my Sim has baked about 60 cakes. If I am not focused just on her, she will bake cakes one after the other or take the ingredients out of the fridge and lay them everywhere. Also, she does push-ups constantly. I read that the N.A.P.s are the cause of this, the Foodies Unite and Rock your Body (and Mind)  N.A.P.s specifically but this is extreme. These N.A.P.s are not active in their neighborhood or the surrounding ones anyway. The 4 that are active are Juiced Community, Fun-Loving Community, Self-Sufficiency and Support the Performing Arts. This is in Sulani.  As I said above, in a family of three sims, only one is doing this. 

Here is what I did to try to fix it.

• Removed custom content and mods (Didn't have very much to begin with/didn't use any with this household because it is a Rags to Riches challenge household.)
  • deleted cache files and the online thumbnails folder
  • disabled the N.A.P.s in game settings
  • checked for updates, game is current
  • repaired the game
  • changed houses
  • changed traits
  • updated PC and graphics settings (I have two PCs that I play on and it is present on both so I don't think its my PCs
    EDIT; ADDING:: 
  • Played with autonomy off.
  • Moved Sims to fresh new game 
  • Moved Offending Sim to her own lot.
  • Removing stove from home stopped cake obsession but then it was replaced with swimming. Put stove back in, turned autonomy off and she still tried to make cake. 

EDIT:  After trying to fix this, up to and including reinstalled a clean version of everything, not only di more of my sims develop obsessions, but they started operating on a loop. For example- get cake ingredients out of fridge, place on coffee table, go to fridge, get glass of water, put down on kitchen table, do push ups, get cake ingredients out of fridge, place on coffee table... Not to mention the future cubes, lumps of clay etc littering their inventories. The more I played the worse this has gotten.

I still have 5 weeks before I return to work so my solution for all this was to delete every aspect of the Sims 4 and Origin on my pcs, set up administrative accounts on my pcs just for the Sims 4, reinstall everything EXCEPT Eco Lifestyle, and play in peace.  So much better now. 

Attaching screenshots and DXDIAG report.

Message 128 of 250 (2,089 Views)

Re: White Cake and Push-up Bug 6-25-2020

Hero
@whubble1817 I'm merging this with the main thread on the cooking/baking obsession.

For the push-up, please me too this: answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Stopping-to-exercise/m-p/9188233

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 129 of 250 (2,077 Views)

★ Guide

I'm currently doing the 100 baby challenge. Or at least I was until this bug happened. You can imagine how many cakes, animal crackers, yogurt, etc I find lying around. That's not even counting the milk, juices and water scattered about.

Message 130 of 250 (2,011 Views)