Re: [OPEN] Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking

by to7m

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@Raynn0124 wrote:

@Psychotps I've noticed that any time I make changes to a household in Manage Households (adding or removing Sims), it removes their services (maid, gardener, etc) and bed assignments.  So the utilities are probably also in that "household settings" that gets reset.

For the incessant baking, and other NAP issues, there's a solution in another thread that seems to work (I did it yesterday, and my Sims have been normal for a few Sim-weeks now) - remove all NAPs (through cheating is quickest), disable the EP, play/save the game, then re-enable the EP and make sure NPC voting is off. (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Future-Cubes-Clay-Spawning-in-Inventories/m-p/9213419...

I can confirm that the solution in that thread works like a CHARM! I have been playing for about ten hours of time since using it and I can PLAY my sims without all the irritating bugs while we wait on a fix. Also, if you head over to youtube and look for Carls Sim Guides, he posted a helpful video for fixes on June 13. 

Message 81 of 250 (1,314 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue - I couldn't figure out why Sim NPCs came over to keep baking cakes, and it turned out I had the Foodies Unite NAP active. I have a mod to stop the "sharing is caring" swiping, but it seems I'll just have to micromanage the NAPs through cheating at the mailbox. My played sims don't seem to care about it, they don't go out of their way to cook or do anything else in a NAP, it's just the NPCs coming to my Sim's house that are the issue. 

This is definitely a frustrating, annoying bug however, the people here helping us are community volunteers, not official employees of EA - there is no reason to be rude to them, as they don't have control over the pack or QA testing. They're doing their best to help other players and relay information to the QA team, so they can hopefully patch the issue. ❤

Message 82 of 250 (1,196 Views)

Repetitive Cooking Bug

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1631361010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampire and Little Houses
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It’s happened to me playing two different families. Have guest over and see what happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sim from Evergreen went to visit a family from another world, the unplayed Sims began making cake and herbal potions on the grill. They took out the ingredients and set it down. This action was repetitive. Same happened when I played a different family from a different world and invited Sims over. This didn’t occur when the Evergreen families visited each other within the Evergreen world.
What do you expect to see? I don’t expect to see Sims repeatedly trying to make cake, potions or any foods when they visit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Echo Lifestyle and the June patch

I’m not sure how often it will occur.

1.  It has happened when a family from Evergreen  visited a family from another world.  

2.  When I played the family from the other world, it happened again when a family from a different world, other than Evergreen, visited.

Message 83 of 250 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Would love to know which mod you're using to stop the swiping!

Message 84 of 250 (1,056 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also, having this same issue. Free will is off and my sim WILL NOT STOP baking cakes. She will literally stop eating her meal and go to bake a cake.

NAP is a great idea in theory, but seems to be ridiculously broken right now.

Message 85 of 250 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This problem is driving me nuts. I've disabled NPC voting (yes, post voting, I get it) and used shift+mailbox cheats to disable NAPs in every single neighborhood. Still, I have one Sim who won't stop baking white cakes no matter where I put him. The fact that ANY action now breaks free will being turned off makes the living aspect of the game unplayable for me. Why has it been weeks without a patch or answer from EA?

edit: Oh, I'm hesitant to save my game with the EP disabled. I've placed so many objects from the pack and used many clothing options. Having all of that taken out of my game, and then having to save, just to fix an unreasonable bug... I really hope this gets fixed naturally ASAP.

Message 86 of 250 (1,001 Views)

★ Guide

Won’t lie, before it started to annoy me I thought this one was rather funny, then I came back to my game with no less and 7 cakes strewed all over the kitchen and my sim reading a book, with 3 others in his inventory, even though there’s not a bookcase on the lot 🤷🏼‍♂️ Lol

now he’s stretching!!

—T

Message 87 of 250 (976 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I've used a cheat to get rid of that NAP in my Sim's neighborhood. I've checked her for hidden residual traits. SHE STILL WON'T STOP BAKING. She's also obsessed with getting a glass of water to drink. Despite free will off. And because she's a foodie it gives her a negative moodlet cuz it's blah.

I do love aspects of this pack. But NAP needed some more playtesting methinks.

Message 88 of 250 (975 Views)

★ Guide

Just disable ALL of the active NAP’s then turn off voting in settings, it will stop new ones coming, I just set a couple of my own so they’re there permanently for now, until this madness is fixed. I thought I was losing my mind when half my kitchen counters were taken by the welcome wagon, I thought I must’ve accidentally bulldozed half the kitchen... took me a few days to notice that it was a bug to do with that NAP, utter nightmare lol.

the plant one is bad too, the jealous guy from the apartment (I forget his name) came and harvested all my planets and ran off. 

—T

Message 89 of 250 (968 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That's what I plan to do next time I play. It's a shame though as it removes a huge aspect of the gameplay from the pack. Still, worth it given how absolutely broken NAP appears to be.

Message 90 of 250 (961 Views)