[FIXED] Sims are no longer interacting with each other in bars etc

by rjssim

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims are no longer interacting with each other in bars etc

★ Guide

Hi Crin, my own sim works fine, and if I invite friends etc to my sim's house they interact just fine. The problem is the background sims, the ones you didn't invite. When you go to places like bars, coffee shops etc as shown in the videos I shared they are just non-interactive and lifeless. I am sure the same thing happens at parks and the such as well.

Message 11 of 49 (1,354 Views)

Hero
The ladies night was at a bar but maybe that's different.

I'll see if I can get some more testing in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 49 (1,349 Views)

★ Guide

Hey Crin, it might be worth taking a peak at my thread again in the main sims forums as well. Several others have posted feedback since I started the topic, and the current poll rating shows a lot of people are experiencing this issue as well. I think many people don't know that they should be coming here to post their feedback which is why I created the topic there as well.

Sims forum topic of issue:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16647836#Comment_16647836

Message 13 of 49 (1,332 Views)

Hero
Get them to post here. Would be useful.

I'm a bit swamped with RL until later this week.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 49 (1,318 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims are no longer interacting with each other in bars etc

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I thought I would do some testing myself at the cafe. From my testing it seems to be a combination of relationship culling and sims introduction greetings. Townie sims can't talk to each other unless they know each other and it takes a long time before they'll usually introduce themselves to a sim they don't know. I had to spend almost whole day at the cafe, before a townie sim started to talk to another. sim in my played game. So the bug in a combination of relationship culling and townie sims taking a long time to introduce themselves to a sim they don't know. Which makes the game very dull. Terrible for story tellers though.

So that is where the deep cutting in relationship culling comes into play and causes this bug of sorts. In a new game a lot of townies already know each other and relationship culling hasn't come into play yet, so right away you'll see townies talking to each other, and lot shorter lines since their are fewer townies. And it doesn't matter if you have mods or not. I tested with mods in and out of the game. Got the same results. Same as with my played game. So that is my result of the testing.

Message 15 of 49 (1,238 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is also happening in my game. No one talks to eachother anymore. At home, at the bar, at the park. Everyone just stands around in silence unless I prompt them to talk. Which is annoying.

Message 16 of 49 (1,177 Views)

★★ Pro

It's definitely related to relationship culling from the tests I've done since finally patching yesterday.  Sims that have a prior relationship are socializing in bars and other community lots, but if you have several on a lot with no relationship they will not socialize.

It's frustrating enough trying to play in bars, for example, where Sims have a tendency to just either swarm the bar or stand in front of the television when there are other activities on the lot for them to do, but now they just look like a bunch of zombies staring at the television or standing around the bar. It's not a lag issue for me at all. It's definitely caused by relationship culling.

Message 17 of 49 (1,140 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the information, aparkison. I hope the devs will be able to fix this.

Message 18 of 49 (1,108 Views)

★ Guide

As of the August 16th 2018 patch, this issue still remains in the game as shown in the video I just uploaded today below. Please, DEVS and Gurus, give us a sign that you are looking into this bug. Also, thank you for fixing the blurry screenshot bug.

Message 19 of 49 (1,085 Views)

★★ Pro

No problem! I hope so too, because if this was intended to stop the rampant flirting that goes on, I'd rather have that than have all social interactions tanked along with the flirting! I always loved that in Sims 4 the community lots were always so much more alive than in Sims 3. Now they just feel like dead zones unless there's lot of Sims with prior relationships on the lot.

Message 20 of 49 (1,067 Views)