[FIXED] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: My sim not using the dishwasher or kitchen sink

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, but what is PM and are SimGuruNick and SimQARobo users?

Message 31 of 36 (1,276 Views)

Re: My sim not using the dishwasher or kitchen sink

Hero
@CharmB789 PM = Private Message and yes, they are both EA QA (=Quality Assurance)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 36 (1,271 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This happens very often and it looks very strange when the family members walk to different bathrooms to wash their dishes instead of to the sink in the kitchen, closest to where they had their dinner. I think dishes should not be possible to wash in bathroom sinks. I think it's time to categorise sinks as kitchen or bathroom ones. I know that some use kitchen sinks in their bathroom, I do too sometimes, but bathroom sinks should normally have lower taps and not the high kitchen type of taps, so please categorise them and make it impossible for sims to wash up their dinner in the bathroom. Also, please make kitchen type of counters but for bathroom use, not as deep as the kitchen counters and a new set of sinks for build in to those counters, with a lower, bathroom style tap. Kitchen counters in bathrooms also create another problem. Some sims might decide to place food related items on them and that's another reason why they need to have their own category.

Message 33 of 36 (1,224 Views)

Sims won't use the The Professional Dish Laborer Dishwasher

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's except Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous and Get To Work. Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Movie Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Patio Stuff, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have dirty dishes and click on the The Professional Dish Laborer to load dishwasher.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims go out of their way to wash dishes in any sink instead of using the dishwasher, even after clicking 'load dishwasher'
What do you expect to see? Sims using the dishwasher to clean dishes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't usually the The Professional Dish Laborer dishwasher so I didn't notice this bug before. I have both a dishwasher and a sink in my kitchen and the sims act like the The Professional Dish Laborer doesn't exist. I clicked 'load dishwasher' just to see if they'd actually use it and my sim went to wash the dishes in the bathroom sink at the complete opposite end of the house rather than using dishwasher in the room she was in. This rarely happens with the dishwasher from parenthood so I'm assuming it's specific to the The Professional Dish Laborer.

Message 34 of 36 (1,207 Views)

Sim wash a dishes in the other room

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to play with a house that have more than one sink
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim go to wash a dishes in the other room although a sink in the kitchen is very close to them.
What do you expect to see? Sim will use a nearby sink to wash a dishes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In my case, my sim try to go to a sink in the bathroom on the 2nd floor. And when I've try to delete it. they still try to go to the bathroom on the 3rd floor again. I've try to delete all of the sink on the other floor. And finally, they use a sink in the kitchen. But, when buy a sinks back, My sim will go back to use a 2nd floor bathroom's sink again.

Message 35 of 36 (1,152 Views)

Re: Sim wash a dishes in the other room

Hero

Sims no longer ignore the kitchen sink and dishwasher to wash their dishes in the bathroom sink. Okay.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Next attempt to fix this.

If you still have issues with this, please provide the following info in a new thread

• What age groups do you have issues with
  • Upload your house to the gallery and provide your user name/name of the house you're seeing it in

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 36 (4,889 Views)