[FIXED] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

My sim not using the dishwasher or kitchen sink

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, City Living, Island Living, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Get Famous, Seasons, Dine Out, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sky View Penthouse by Marmelad on YouTube
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of using the dishwasher or the sink in the kitchen, my sim uses another sink in the house to wash the dishes. And even if I block all the other sinks except the kitchen, the only option is to throw the dishes away.
What do you expect to see? My sims using the kitchen sink and dishwasher instead of other sinks in the house to wash the dishes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is a problem I hope can be fixed somehow. Instead of using the dishwasher or the sink in the kitchen, my sim ends up using another sink in the house to wash the dishes. And even if I block all the other sinks except the kitchen one, the only option is to throw the dishes away. The only way I can use the dishwasher is to drag the dish to the dishwasher myself. But I still can't do anything about the kitchen sink. I just want to see my sim using the kitchen sink and dishwasher instead of other sinks in the house to wash the dishes. And I'd still rather continue use the Sky View Penthouse for my sim instead of using another house.

Message 21 of 36 (1,215 Views)

Re: My sim not using the dishwasher or kitchen sink

Hero
@CharmB789 Merged your post with the bug report.

QA is looking for saves. Could you send yours as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-Use-Far-Away-Sink-for-Dishes-instead-of-Close...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 36 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

How do I do that?

Message 23 of 36 (1,176 Views)

Hero
@CharmB789 Did you click the link and read it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 36 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the long wait and also for missing the link. Is this what you mean?

C:\Users\Bethia\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\Slot_00000012.save

Message 25 of 36 (1,145 Views)

Hero
@CharmB789 You need to upload that somewhere

Here's detailed instructions how to send your save to QA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 36 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm stuck on the sharing part. I clicked the share button in Google Drive but I don't know where to go from there.

Message 27 of 36 (1,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CharmB789 Right-click on the file and there should be an option to get a link. Click on that and copy the link you are given. Paste that to a PM to SimGuruNick or SimQARobo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 36 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've been seeing this lately. My sim is eating his dinner on the couch watching TV. There are two dishwashers in the kitchen, which is the same room. There was one sink in the entire house, in one of the bathrooms, quite a distance away, but on the same floor (the house only has one floor, but it is quite big). He occasionally chose to go to the sink to wash his dishes, instead of dishwasher A or B in the same room. I'd share a save, but I've moved the sink to a place he cannot get to (He's not allowed to have nice things anymore). Don't know if it matters, but he is a Neat sim.

Message 29 of 36 (1,083 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Kathykins I'm having this problem but also I'm having issues getting any dishes done. Sims grab plates and then put them somewhere else. It takes multiple attempts to get them to use a sink. Near or far.
Message 30 of 36 (1,055 Views)