[FIXED] Sims Trapped Within Hot Tub

by ForestNinja0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims Trapped Within Hot Tub

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sims get trapped in hot-tub during autonomous woohoo due to unreported error and can only be reset by moving the hot tub.

Message 1 of 19 (2,216 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hot Tub Glitch

Hero

Since the autonomous issue should no longer happen on vanilla games (previous fix) and this new on on patch 1.22.22

• We addressed an issue that could cause Sims to get stuck in a hot tub after choosing to Woohoo, Mess Around, or Try for Baby, if both Sims had low hygiene.

I'm going to mark this as fixed for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (2,606 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims Trapped Within Hot Tub

[ Edited ]
Hero

What unreported error ? Do you have a lastException files for that ?

Mods ?

Is this issue reproducible or did it only happen once ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (2,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I didn't see any entry in the exceptions report and I can only determine that it's an unreported error by the fact that the animation is halted [while both sims are under water] leaving the 'woohoo event' in a perpetual loop. This would indicate that at least one function returned an error which wasn't handled. The character objects and hot tub never reset. I've only noticed this on community lots during autonomous woohoo.

Message 3 of 19 (2,185 Views)

Hero

Once or multiple times ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (2,182 Views)

★★ Guide

I've encountered the problem repeatedly but never more than once during any session since I don't let the game run unattended and don't spend more than one sim day at any community lot.

Message 5 of 19 (2,177 Views)

★★ Guide

I've just recreated this problem with a new file, no content, and no mods. Place two romantically involved sims on a lot with no beds and a hot tub. Let them flirt with each other until they're ready to woohoo autonomously. Don't follow them to the hot tub, just remain on the other side of the lot or on another level of the house facing away from the hot tub. you'll notice after a few minutes that the woohoo interaction remains in queue and that there is no additional activity. When you return to the hot tub you will find the water animation looping continuously and the sims trapped beneath the water. Move the hot tub in build mode to reset them before they die from deprivation.

You'll also notice that no error is generated.

Message 6 of 19 (2,168 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (2,158 Views)

Hero

• Sims should no longer find themselves unable to exit the hot tub after autonomously woohooing.

This should now be fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (2,139 Views)

★★ Guide

Fantastic!

Message 9 of 19 (2,132 Views)

Hero

Could you test it ?

@ForestNinja0

I'm inclined to say it's still happening on community lots (but I have mods, so I can't be sure)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (2,121 Views)