[FIXED] Sims Showing as off-lot while at home

by Zoebuggie

Original Post

Re: Sims "at home," but greyed out, unplayable

Hero
Sounds like save game corruption

Does the same happen on a fresh game or just on this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 177 (1,788 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m also having this problem on PC after the latest patch. In addition to the greyed-out household, the Aspiration goals menu/UI is blank. This seems to only be happening with households I created since the patch, as well. All my older houses are, so far, working normally. Issue is happening with all mods and cc removed. I have all packs except the pet stuff pack.

Message 22 of 177 (1,746 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I have never installed any CC or mods so I know that is not a possible issue. I did notice that I am having these issues in two specific neighborhoods: Windenburg and San Myshuno. I've attached an example.  In every other neighborhood the gameplay is fine, even when I travel. I tested out a new game  and don't have this issue. (Also, a similar yet irrelevant side-note, my game crashes whenever I go to work with a sim in the detective career. I've searched and tried every solution I've seen, and nothing has changed. However, it also seems to work fine in a completely new game.)

Message 23 of 177 (1,726 Views)

Hero

@shja87 @byscreenside @cheerioincident

I merged this post with existing one. 

Would you guys be willing to share your saves ?

Missing/not working UI stuff is could be related to outdated UI mods so make sure you test without mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 177 (1,709 Views)

★★★★ Novice
UPDATE: my game is now working properly. I don't know what changed (like I said, I had already taken the one scriptmod out), but when I loaded a game after a few hours, everything was fine. I haven't tried putting the mod back in yet, so I'll add another update when I do.
Message 25 of 177 (1,698 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Just a note, this issue is still not resolved; on my own file the issue continues to persist on multiple lots; it seems to happen the most often when you have multiple working Sims, one Sim that has a Profession and returns home at the same time as one that has a Career.

I've only really found a couple workarounds:

- Workaround 1: Reload the lot the Sim is on, then force the Sim who is showing at work/off lot to leave early; the Sim will return, and will not be docked pay or performance. (You should receive no warning.)

- Workaround 2: Leave the lot, play another lot for a few moments, then return to the affected lot. If done correctly, the affected Sim should now show as on the Active lot. If not, perform the steps in Workaround 1.

- B
Message 26 of 177 (1,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'd be willing to share my save. I've been working on this save for some time, and I'd really love to fix the issue.

I've attached a couple of screenshots that show the blank UI on the aspiration menu, and the missing sim issue. The lot loads, but the sim isn't anywhere to be found, the option to "Bring Sim Here" isn't listed, nothing happens when I try to use "M" to travel, and the phone menu won't come up at all - so I can't even travel to another lot with the sim.

I pulled my Mods folder and test, but that didn't fix the issue. I was using MC Command Center, a mod to reduce City Living names for townies, and the No Weird Body Shapes mod. I was also using the More Club Icons mod at one point during the time I played on this save, though I had uninstalled it a while back.

This had only been happening with households that I hadn't played prior to the last patch, but today I loaded up another household I'd played before and I had the issue. I had marked the household as unplayed prior to loading it today, though. There are still several households that are loading up normally.

Message 27 of 177 (1,649 Views)

Hero

@byscreenside

could you upload the save to either oneDrive or google drive and PM me the link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 177 (1,638 Views)

[CL] Sims disappear after travel

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Message 29 of 177 (1,622 Views)

Re: [CL] Sims disappear after travel

Hero

Hi @mtmtharden

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Would you be willing to share your save game with QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 177 (1,606 Views)