[FIXED] Sims Showing as off-lot while at home

by Zoebuggie

Original Post

Re: Sims "At Home" while I'm at their home

Hero

The stuck at work bug is actually a different issue than this one. The workaround for it won't work.

It's supposed to be fixed though (the at work) so if it's still occurring, please create a new thread for that.

@RouenSims 

is that the same save that has the issues for other Sims or did you start a fresh one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 177 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have created a few new saves since, but still based on the same save with issues. 

Also, I'm using a MacBook Pro.

Message 92 of 177 (857 Views)

Hero
What do you mean by based on the bugged one ? Did you do save as ?

Could you try if it happens on a completely new one as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 177 (850 Views)

Re: My sims dissapear when playing them

★ Novice

Hi @crinrict I don't unfortunately have a back up.

Message 94 of 177 (832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes, I've been doing "save as." Unfortunately, my oldest saved game is from 4/25/19, and it has the same issues.

I tried creating a brand new game, and it appears to be working just fine! Naturally, I don't want to lose all my old history and families, but this is good news that I can at least play new families for a while.

I'm wondering if it's related to the Strangerville pack. It seemed to happen right around the time my character completed the Strangerville aspiration.

Thank you so much for pondering this problem!

EDIT: I went into the bugged save, uploaded a family into the gallery, went back to the fresh save, downloaded the family from the gallery, and now they are playable again! So as a workaround, I could upload my 150 or so Sims (and their houses), and then download them into the fresh save, I think.

EDITED EDIT: While transferring homes to a fresh save, I noticed that at least one home in the bugged save no longer has any of its furnishings. This is a very strange bug.

Message 95 of 177 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I just had a thought has anyone downloaded any households that was uploaded to the gallery that has been played in Strangervillie. The bug may have to do with something in there inventory, or perhaps the sims household was uploaded to the library while the Sim was at work in the military. Since though that don't have strangervilliie to get the military job they would have to own strangervillie to seen the job, so it could be job corruption or sim corruption. It might also have to do with the hero of strangervillie reward trait. I can't test it because I have all the expansion, game packs and stuff packs, but I am wondering if there is a collision there.  Also even the infected temporary trait could cause problems for though that don't have strangervillie.

Message 96 of 177 (798 Views)

★★ Guide

Sadly, now that I've created a fresh save, I see that it won't work for me. All of the Sims have now lost their relationships. I don't want to have to start over with those. 

And no, I hadn't placed any new houses in Strangerville from the gallery before getting the bug. Thank you for the suggestion, though. Standard smile

Message 97 of 177 (788 Views)

Hero

@RouenSims 

I think the best thing you can do for now is keep that save somewhere save and play a new game until EA/Maxis can fix this bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 98 of 177 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thank you, Crin. I appreciate your help.

I was just able to bring back one of my missing families! I kept clicking on the self care icons. For some family members I ended up getting "socialize" as another option. I had them socialize with each other. At one point, when I wanted one family member to socialize with another, it gave me the option to "bring back" the family member. Naturally I clicked on that option! Suddenly, two of my family members had returned. I experienced some other odd glitches while playing the two members, and kept having them travel and invite the other family members. Eventually, all of the family members accepted the invitation, and they all showed up at the venue. I then had all of the family members travel back to their original house, where they now exist.

EDIT: Ugh, I just went back, and they're gone again. I hope EA fixes this bug soon.

Message 99 of 177 (777 Views)

Hero
Yeah, when I first tested this bug on someone's save I was able to get them back too but they later just dispersed again.

So seems there's no permanent solution

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 100 of 177 (740 Views)