Re: Can't play any of my households! (PS4)

by aekell17

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I have tried, evicting the family and moving them back in, deleting the family and starting over. I have even tried a completely new family on a new lot. When I exit the lot or the game, the family basically disappears even though it says they are home. 

Only thing different is that I am on a computer, not a PS4. 

Message 51 of 177 (1,460 Views)

Hero

Hi @rachelleshj  and @aekell17 

this is a known bug. I merged your post.

Unfortunately there's currently no permanent solution to this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 177 (1,561 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! Much appreciated. 

A.

Message 53 of 177 (1,547 Views)

sims stuck in self care mode and are unplayable

★★★ Newbie

my sims are all of a sudden stuck in self care mode and they are coming up with grey icons. unplayable. please help 

Message 54 of 177 (1,562 Views)

Re: sims stuck in self care mode and are unplayable

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @033734Gu 

Have you tried to use the repair option in Origin? Could you also tell us if you're using any custom content in the game? Wondering

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 55 of 177 (1,550 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi there, yes I tried to reinstall origin and that did not work. And no just expansion packs etc..
Message 56 of 177 (1,545 Views)

Hero

Hi @033734Gu 

this is a known bug

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please click me too on the first thread

@EA_Ataashi  for awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 177 (1,530 Views)

my sims are grayed out and unplayable

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea how to fix it which is why I am reporting this
What happens when the bug occurs? sims disappear .. and are grayed out at the bottom of the screen
What do you expect to see? I expect to be seeing my sims and to be able to play them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims are disappearing and the game is unplayable without them. It says they are home .. you can choose self care , build skill etc but no one is there to play the game

Message 58 of 177 (1,508 Views)

Re: my sims are grayed out and unplayable

Hero

Hi @butterflyinaweb 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

There's no known workaround at the moment. Maybe loading a backup will help: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 177 (1,505 Views)

My Sim is Invisible After Making Her

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Vampires, Get To Work and both Free Stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is invisible, I cannot move her or make her do anything. When I use the resetSim command, it says "Sim not found". Her icon on the bottom of the screen is also greyed out and it says she's at home, despite the fact that I am at her home. The camera pivots around an area where I think she is. The plumbob is not visible, either.
What do you expect to see? A sim that I can control.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I made myself a new Sim with some new CC, but when I first played her she had a texture problem in her hair and glasses (the glasses were not CC). In my attempts to fix this (changing the graphics settings), I restarted the game and she was invisible. I couldn't make her do anything or even see the plumbob. I've searched around and nothing seems to work... 

In the larger picture, my Sim is just nonexistent. The other picture shows her icon; it's greyed out and says she's at home, even though I am at her home. The only thing I can do is to click on it and select "care for self" but it doesn't do anything. 

I haven't yet tried removing my CC, since I don't know what it'll do to her hair, eyes, makeup, and clothing.

Message 60 of 177 (1,468 Views)