Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims Showing as off-lot while at home

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A/unsure. My only hunch is that it may be relevant to a sim in the acting career not being around to fulfill a job when time passes playing with a separate family and their audition/work day is passed.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I load up my family living in the Del Sol Valley starter home (unsure if relevant but worth mentioning) it treats it as if nobody is home at all when they are all technically "home". Nobody is visible in the house and when I try to click on their grayed-out portraits, it allows me to ask them to do tasks such as care for selves, work on skills, etc as if I was using one active sim away from home and the rest were at their home lot.I tried resetting sims, no luck. I tried the sims.summon_sim_to_zone cheat as well to no avail.I took a sim from a different family that is not experiencing this glitch (so far it appears to only be this family but I can't be certain) and had him visit the lot. When he knocked on the door, it showed everyone inside and he was able to perfectly interact with them. I then right-clicked one of the families with cheats enabled to edit in create-a-sim, something I learned in the past would then transport me into using the family of the sim clicked on if they were not my active family, and once I hit "accept" after entering create-a-sim, I was transported to using this family and once again, the same glitch was occurring. Everyone was simultaneously "home" and not home.
What do you expect to see? My family should be in their home when the game is booted up and the game regards them as being home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to recent patch that came out with Get Famous.

In the attached screenshot, you can see the sim that I brought into their home in an attempt to get them "un-stuck" is bottom left from the purple couch. If I let the game play, he still interacts with their home and is present but they're nowhere to be seen.

Message 1 of 177 (8,147 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Showing as off-lot while at home

Hero

We have fixed that bizarre issue where you’d have your Sims travel home, and then you load into your home lot, and your Sim’s skewer thumbnails are all greyed out like they’re not there, but when you hover over the skewer it tells you your Sims are at home. But like, they’re not at home. You’re staring at this empty lot, unable to play your Sims and you’re like.. “Is this even my home?”. And you start to question whether you selected the right lot on the map, but then you’re like “Wait, yeah - this is totally my home. But where are my Sims? It’s telling me they’re at home, but they’re not here.” Anyway, this should be fixed now.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Hopefully for all cases

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 174 of 177 (6,830 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Since you stated that you're using mods, have you tested this without mods ?

If you did, can you try moving the family out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 177 (8,020 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I hadn't tested without mods prior, but I have now and that did not solve the problem. I then moved them out and back in, and that also did not work. 

Message 3 of 177 (8,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm not going to hit "me too" until I've done some more investigating, but i have a very similar bug. My sim came home from work per the norm, but his greyed out "at work" picture never changed. He was visible, managable, and acting normal, but the game thought he was at work. :/ No mods or cc except the CAS aging bug fix. No GF but I did patch. 

Message 4 of 177 (7,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This one could be related to the other issue you posted in @lakewoodfarm but I'm unsure at this point as for @Zoebuggie it doesn't show them at work and they are not actually on the lot.

Would you be willing to share your save with me @Zoebuggie ?

If so, please upload it to dropbox, googledrive or onedrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 177 (7,980 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would be comfortable with this, however I'm not sure admittedly how to check which save is the one related to the one with the problem! I assume it's my most recent?

Message 6 of 177 (7,958 Views)

Hero
You can find instructions for that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M69068

If you played that game last, it's also the one with the newest modified date, yes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 177 (7,939 Views)

★★★★ Novice

File has been sent. In addition, it turns out this is not the only family with this issue, but I can't pinpoint a specific reason the other family shares this issue. 

Message 8 of 177 (7,894 Views)

Hero
Thank you. I'll jump on it as soon as I find the time.

Bit back-logged with everything :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 177 (7,877 Views)

Hero

So I was curious about this issue so I did some testing.

Now, problem is, I don't know if mods caused this kind of corruption in the first place. It's possible that even removing the mods didn't fixe it (+ I still had stuff being removed when loading so it seems you didn't remove everything ?)

Anyways, Could you remove all your mods/cc then try the following steps (I believe all of them need to be done)

1. Load your game
  2. From the Map view, click on the lot and then on the three dots in the lower right corner and choose evict household
  3. Still from Map view, make sure lot is still selected and then go to build mode from the map
  4. Save the lot to the library, then bulldoze
  5. Go back to manage household and place them on the lot again
  6. Load the lot. They should be back
  7. Go to build mode and replace the house with the copy from your library.

Another remark: You currently have more households in my households than your settings allow. Try either marking some as other household

Hope this works too.

Once you're done, you can start adding cc back. If you don't want to redo your lot, try if these steps works without removing the cc (do remove the mods) but if it doesn't, a cc could be the cause.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 177 (7,861 Views)