Re: [OPEN] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversation

by legasimmer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversat

★★★ Guide
@Demetra111 Your very welcome
Message 41 of 76 (1,965 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Random 'Bored Idle' when not Bored or in Boring Conversat

★★ Apprentice

I have MCCC, how do you disable emotion idles? I've looked all over and can't figure it out. 

Message 42 of 76 (1,917 Views)

★★★ Guide

My sims do the same thing and she is not working. She does this at random times. There is nothing in notifications as to why and no modlets to cue me to what is happening.   It is rather odd..

Message 43 of 76 (1,896 Views)

★★★ Guide
@olivegoats Since EA, does not support mods, You will need to ask the creator for that.. I too have that mod and I do not believe there is a disable emotion idles.. but he has a discord you can ask on for your question.
Message 44 of 76 (1,873 Views)

★★ Pro

I was starting to think I was going crazy. I didn't even recognize it as the bored idle because my SIMs tend to be happy or in one mood or another. Eve just kept throwing back her head and her arms up and I was like "What? What? What's that mean? What's going on? It looks like you are exasperated with something or are bored, but you are happy. Please explain yourself!"

I finally hit the breaking point and was going to make an unsure bug report about my SIM behaving oddly when I found this and someone even described how they animate it. Everything clicked into place and sure enough, it's a new bug everyone is dealing with. I'm just glad for the explanation since I take such good care of my SIMs I've never even seen it before! Hahaha.

I guess Eve is just ever so hard to please! Maybe I've fed her one too many cricket popcorns and subjected her to one too many questionable fizzy juices. She's had it with me! "You, yes you. See this? This is me exasperated with trying to amuse you with all the odd things you demand I eat and drink! I did not appreciate burping out fire and almost being caught on fire because something called a bombardier cricket stir fry can't possibly be life threatening, or throwing up all over the place because you thought carrot fizzy juice was the next big thing to hit the market!" Wow Eve, way to break the fourth wall. Hahaha. Note to self, maybe she'd appreciate a lavender soak and a regular garden salad once in a while.

Message 45 of 76 (1,860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if I have the exact same thing, but my sim keeps having an idle animation where she sighs and her head hangs to the side? I can't tell if it's a Bored Moodlet thing or a teen thing from when they're going through a phase since I THINK she was going through one when I aged her up?

No mods, no CC, on MacBook Pro

Message 46 of 76 (1,816 Views)

★★ Pro
@legasimmer My sim acts the same way. Looked like I was seeing a teenager's complaining about everything.
Message 47 of 76 (1,768 Views)

★★ Pro

18.jpg

If I turn this off in Setting, then what will happen?

Message 48 of 76 (1,732 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@aodoherty It did nothing for me but I keep it off, just in case.
The only thing that's helped is Abradley745's Mod.
Message 49 of 76 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@gwenleahThanks Yes I confirmed he is still complaining himself now.. But weird thing is that he mostly sighs when I asked him to do his homework from univ. It looks more like,'Homework is boring! I want to go out and play!"

Message 50 of 76 (1,682 Views)