by icecreamcubes

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims Obsessed with Workbench

★ Pro
Same!
Message 21 of 34 (726 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same.. There are several other issues with autonomy, but this one is the most annoying. I basically have to micro-manage my sims (might as well turn autonomy off), or put the workbench in the  inventory when I don't want them to craft anything.

Message 22 of 34 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same. Clean, recent install. No mods. New game.

On a 20x30 lot, nowhere is far enough. They do drop queue, but other than happiness, they don't neglect other needs. As others have mentioned though, happiness is an issue. Also, household and Sim inventory bloat is an issue too. Like others, I regularly, at least twice a Sim day, need to clear all the statues and knife blocks from the Sim's inventory. I also once a day need to have a Sim at the bench scrap the full round menu of unfinished projects cached at the bench. I then also have to go into the build mode household inventory at least once a Sim week and delete the dozen or so unfinished projects the same stored there too.

The recent install is because of a new computer, but I shudder to think of the performance hit that inventory bloat would have caused on my old one.

Message 23 of 34 (693 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm here to boost this post because THIS is the problem I have too. No Mods, vanilla game, personally thinks it's residential trait goes WRONG! This is SO~~ similar with Obsessed Woohoo!

Message 24 of 34 (664 Views)

Hero

boosting is best done with me too :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 34 (662 Views)

★ Guide

Now have vampires installed and this is still happening.

Message 26 of 34 (650 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is such an annoying issue! I'm trying to do the asylum challenge and I had to get rid of the work bench cus all my money just got poured into the stupid woodworking! xD Sims just use it CONSTANTLY, one sim even had like 5 in her inventory after standing there for hours just doing one after the other! I don't mind them using it occasionally, like I wouldn't want autonomy turned off but I wish they didn't use it like every single second of every day like gosh it's so annoying!
Message 27 of 34 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. Before I installed City Life my sims would automatically go do something "fun" when their fun need was dipping. Now, they seem to always gravitate towards the workbench, and will ignore other needs in favor of that.

I've even clicked the fun need...and they automatically go for the workbench. Which provides absolutely NO fun...

Also, my game is completely vanilla. Zero mods.

Message 28 of 34 (579 Views)

★ Pro
It's not only happening with workbench, Computer as well. All my sims are workbench AND PC junkies.
Message 29 of 34 (573 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims Obsessed with Workbench

★★★★ Novice

Hello!

I came across this issue recently myself. I started playing a family I hadn't played in a while with 2 moms and 2 young children. Both mom's had an enormous amount of finished wood items in their inventory from all the time I was away. It seems they spent nearly every waking minute using the workbench. Also, mom 1 would go to work as a police officer, come home, and immediately make a beeline for the workbench. Even if she was hungry, tired, or in need of a shower she would HAVE to make at least one object before taking care of herself. I ended up selling the bench to make her stop. 

thanks, 

Andi

Message 30 of 34 (560 Views)