[FIXED] Sims Can't Repair Tub/Shower Combos While Get Famous Installed

by imagebear_tommy

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims Can't Repair Tub/Shower Combos While Get Famous Installed

★★★★ Novice

Xbox Series X player here. Having the same problem with the shower/tub combo. Can't repair them, can't have them repaired by the service either. 

Message 51 of 105 (1,525 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Macalania0 Me too, it's so annoying!
Message 52 of 105 (1,461 Views)

★ Apprentice

With me this happened too with all bathtubs. I can upgrade them normally but when they break no matter where I put it, shows the sims can't get to it and can't repair.

Message 53 of 105 (1,312 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just a small update - the only workaround I've found is for my magic Sims to use the repair spell. That's the only way I can repair tubs. Which sucks, because I have only one spellcaster playthrough, all my other save games have to keep selling and buying new shower/tub combos.

Message 54 of 105 (1,290 Views)

Sims won’t fix shower/tub comb

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? I don’t know the Sims 4-it’s completely updated.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the expansion packs besides cottage living, eco lifestyle, and get to work. No stuff packs. No kits. And dream home decorator for game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when the shower/tub is broken, the Sim won’t repair it.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim says somethings in the way or that they can’t do it even though nothings stopping them from doing it.
What do you expect to see? I except my Sim to repair the broken shower/tub.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven’t had any problems since the latest update came out.

N/A

I don’t have any pictures because i just bought a different shower/tub because my Sims would t fix the one i have.

Message 55 of 105 (1,289 Views)

Re: Can't repair broken shower/tub because it can't be reached for no reason

[ Edited ]
Champion

@dartsinniI'm having the same problem out of this shower, I don't think I've ever upgraded it yet, it broke and I sent my sims to repair it and they get the can't walk to it bubble no matter where its setting in the home! I've had it to happen twice now with the same shower type but in a different room. I think the shower is bugged..
EDIT: I'm on the PC version with all the latest patches

Repair 2.jpg

Repair 5.jpg

Repair 6.jpg

NOTE: I know this was happening before the patch that came on 8/24/2021

I've went back and repaired game, deleted localtumbcache and still have the same issue

08-26-21_8-01-39 AM.png

repair 8.jpg

Repair 9.jpg

Again it still don't matter where it's setting my sim still has the same interaction 

BreeMiles, I don't work for EA. I'm a volunteer through ccp

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 56 of 105 (1,253 Views)

Re: Can't repair broken shower/tub because it can't be reached for no reason

★ Guide

I have the same, not just with shower/bath combo's but with all baths.

Message 57 of 105 (1,211 Views)

Sims can't repair Bathtubs

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 08.111
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the kits, the supernatural one and the star wars one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to repair any bath
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims get a route failure
What do you expect to see? Sim will stop in front of the bath and get route failure icon above head and action will be cancelled
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims cannot repair baths, they will just get a route failure and I will have to buy a new tub or replace it each time. it happens with all baths

Message 58 of 105 (1,179 Views)

★ Guide

Noticed this bug just now.. can't repair tubs or showers, I have get famous enabled though. Tried without mods or cc and still bug occured 😤

Message 59 of 105 (1,146 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too, it only affects bathtubs. Ive crafted and bought a variety of bathtubs and all that ive tried cant do the eco living upgrades or be repaired at all, even when placed outside with a large ammount of space around they do the "i cant reach it" wave.

Message 60 of 105 (1,079 Views)