[FIXED] Sims Can't Repair Tub/Shower Combos While Get Famous Installed

by imagebear_tommy

Original Post

Re: Repair Routing Issue

★★★★ Novice

I've had an issue similar to yours. What I did was cancel the action and then click on the object. It gives me the option to continue the repair. I click on that and its done in a matter of seconds. 

Message 21 of 105 (2,793 Views)

Re: Repair Routing Issue

Hero
@haruka13666 I merged your post with the bug report

@Twigette There's several threads for that depending if the object is unbreakable or how it broke.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 105 (2,780 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Can't Repair Tub/Shower Combos While Get Famous Installed

★ Guide

Ditto, cannot do any handiness interaction with any type of bath tub- combo or regular.  I've got every pack except for the kits, haven't tried disabling any.  Interesting that it's Get Famous doing it.  Especially frustrating because I can't reduce its water consumption, and my lot is off the grid!

Message 23 of 105 (2,766 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same htought there was things in the way but moved the shower and tub combo around. Didn't work.  Even moved it outside to test to make sure it wasn't something in the way still didn't work, so had to buy another one.

Message 24 of 105 (2,700 Views)

Re: Can't repair broken shower/tub because it can't be reached for no reason

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, can’t repair any baths no matter if I move them into the middle of the room and have nothing nearby it still can’t do it because apparently they can’t get to it. And I’ve wasted my Sims money trying to hire a repairman but they just stand there because they can’t reach it either 

Message 25 of 105 (2,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@imagebear_tommy I also have the same issue. Removed all mods and repaired game and still an issue.
Message 26 of 105 (2,462 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same exact bug. This is in a fresh new game (no mods) started after re-installing Sims 4 from scratch.

Even tried moving the shower outside (it's the Double Delight, btw).

Only disabling Get Famous, as @imagebear_tommy discovered, gets through this.

But this isn't really a fix, now is it, EA?

The shower was not upgraded (and from I gather here, probably couldn't if I tried).

I can provide a save file if necessary.

Message 27 of 105 (2,419 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue. I have no mods and all the game packs/stuff packs except star wars. I'm not doing any upgrades on the tubs or showers but they're breaking and the sims have some routing issue and say they can't get to them to repair and neither can the handyman.

Message 28 of 105 (2,363 Views)

★ Guide

im getting the same issue bt w the corner tub.  Triteia Luxury Corner Bath with Jets.  i have even attempted to move it in my front yard w nothing around it, to see which side the Sim faces to repair it.  instead he still flaps his hands in the air w object blocked.  i get the same error when attempting to upgrade.

Eng, All Expanse, no CC.

Message 29 of 105 (2,347 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. 

Message 30 of 105 (2,336 Views)