Can't repair broken shower/tub because it can't be reached for no reason

by dartsinni

Original Post

Can't repair broken shower/tub because it can't be reached for no reason

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work. Dream home decorator, realm of magic, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat. Paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, laundry day, toddler, bowling night, backyard, kids room, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk play until the shower/tub breaks and then try to repair it
What happens when the bug occurs? When the shower/tub breaks, the sims says they can't get to it. Even when there is nothing by it, even when I move it to the middle of an opwn space. The same thing happened when I tried to do an upgrade (after successfully doing 3 other upgrades innediately before)
What do you expect to see? I expect to see them go and repair the shower/tub like they're supposed to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I saw in another thread the suggestion to repair the game and delete "localthumbcache". That didn't fix it.

When hiring a repair service, they just come to the lot and stand there, because they can't get to the shower either. (Paid 119 for them to do nothing)

I delete the broken one, bought a new one, started to upgrade it like the previous was and after 3 successful upgrades, I tried to do a fourth and got the same "can't get there" bubble as if there was something in the way (there wasn't)

Message 11 of 105 (9,164 Views)

Re: Can't repair broken shower/tub because it can't be reached for no reason

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue since Cottage Living!

Message 12 of 105 (9,153 Views)

★★★ Guide

I encountered this last night, fortunately I was playing a spellcaster and could fix it with "Repairio," but that was less than ideal since I'm trying to work on her handiness skill.

Message 13 of 105 (9,127 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just had this happen today.  

Message 14 of 105 (9,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had this happen in an apartment and thought it was just my building skills.. also happened to me

Message 15 of 105 (9,064 Views)

Re: Sims Can't Repair Tub/Shower Combos While Get Famous Installed

★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too, no mods or cc. Started right after July 27, 2021 update. Cannot repair or upgrade bathtubs - three shower/bathtub combos in one house, and Hollywood tub in a different house.

Only workaround (tried debug/clean cache/repair/new item in centre of room) I've found is that a Sim who's completed the Renaissance Sim aspiration is still able to Insta-Upgrade and Insta-Repair, but normal Sims just get the x of can't get to object. Renaissance Sim also gets x of doom if tries normal upgrade or normal repair - only Insta works.

Message 16 of 105 (9,067 Views)

Re: Sims Can't Repair Tub/Shower Combos While Get Famous Installed

★★★ Apprentice
@Jbeans75 D'oh! I mean Nerd Brain aspiration, with Handy Trait reward
Message 17 of 105 (9,060 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem since the latest patch. I have everything except Country Kitchen and Courtyard Patio Kits, latest patch. The sim just won't repair the bath, they show the no path bubble above their heads (which is clearly false since if I put the bath outside they still can't repair it). Hoping for a fix ASAP.

Message 18 of 105 (9,045 Views)

Repair Routing Issue

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not entirely sure what objects it affects. Try placing a broken shower tub combo.
What happens when the bug occurs? Routing Issues - cant repair broken shower/tub combo
What do you expect to see? My sim repairing the broken object.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed cottage living

I installed a shower/ tub combination. Soon after, it broke. I went to have my sim fix it and they couldn't route to it. I had them mop the puddle in front of it and try again. They still couldn't route to fix it. I moved it to a new more open location in the house and still could not route to it. So I moved it to the middle of the yard with nothing around it. Still could not route to it. Even when I had my sim standing right in front of it they could not route to fix it. Tried uninstalling mods, no luck. Tried updating mods, no luck. Can't afford to have my sims replace it. Please help!

Message 19 of 105 (8,973 Views)

Re: Repair Routing Issue

★★★ Newbie

I’m having a similar issue! My sims can’t repair anything that breaks. They get to the item but then just repair forever with no fix. I’ve also been unable to upgrade the water recycler on tubs. 

Message 20 of 105 (8,964 Views)