[FIXED] Sims 4 won't play custom music

by ren_sibal123

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 won't play custom music.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Here's the good news: My music now appears in Options again and plays normally in the Options menu. The bad news: none of the songs will play in the game. I tried a wall speaker and a floor stereo. Only the EA music plays and if I disable the EA music, no sound plays at all.

Edit: I moved the mp3s to the Alternative folder and now they're working in the game. I was originally using the Backyard folder.

Message 21 of 36 (2,170 Views)

Re: Electronica folder doesn't play after the 4 december update

★★★★★ Novice

Yes! It's working again!
Thank you!

Message 22 of 36 (2,151 Views)

Hero

The current problem at hand seems to be fixed.

It probably still doesn't work on the wall speakers but that has it's own thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Wall-Venue-Speakers-Not-Playing-Custom-Music/td-p/37...

Going to mark this as solved for now. Feel free to bump if it's not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 36 (11,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm so happy that my music plays again. However, there is still the issue of it only working with specific folders. This will be a problem for anyone that wants to split the mp3s into different genres. Do you know if that problem is also being looked into?

ETA: My wall speaker plays custom music, but I only tested in on my home lot.

Message 24 of 36 (2,122 Views)

Hero

Could you make a new thread for that.

Post exactly which folder it works in and which it doesn't.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 36 (2,116 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, since the latest update December 17th 2015, my custom music has returned. I have not had the time to really play around with it and make sure that the music in all folders are working once i go into my saved games, but for what i did manage to play around with, most of the songs were working. I will reply if i find anything different.

thanks again.

B.W.

Message 26 of 36 (2,109 Views)

★★ Pro

My custom music worked without problem last April. I put lots of Queen's songs and it worked very well. Recently, I came back to the sims 4 from the sims 3. I placed the same Queen's music files in the newly created sims 4>custom music folder. I re installed the sims 4 up to city living this time. Suddenly, I can't hear any Queen's music at all. I tried the cheap small audio, a better one from Spa Day, wall audio from Spa Day, big stereo from house party prize, and the recent big one from city living. All stereos don't play the Queen's music. I put the files in alternative channel, pop channel and backyard channel. The songs worked with no problem in backyard channel when I played the sims 4 in Jan to April, 2016. 

Message 27 of 36 (1,456 Views)

Hero

Do they not play at all or sometimes play and then they won't ? Seems there's a new issue, there's another thread about it somewhere but the user that reported it said it worked for the first song but not the second

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 36 (1,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I can hear only the listed songs since I newly installed the sims 4 this time. At first, I haven't tried to add the custom songs when I newly installed the sims 4 up to GT. I purchased CL in half price this Christmas season. After installation of CL, I put the custom songs into the folder and tried. I can't hear any custom songs at all.   

I'm not sure it's from City Living or from recent patch but it worked fine last year and I had the sims 4, GTW and GT with other some game packs and stuff packs at that time. 

Message 29 of 36 (1,433 Views)

Hero

If you go to your game options and look at the list of songs, do they appear there ?

And if so, do they play there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 36 (1,222 Views)