[FIXED] Sims 4 won't play custom music

by ren_sibal123

Original Post

Re: Electronica folder doesn't play after the 4 december update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

My custom music stopped working after the December patch. They no longer appear in the Options menu no matter what folder I place them in. I even tried regenerating the entire Sims 4 folder, but to no avail. I've already reinstalled the game from scratch recently, so I did not try that again.

What's weird is that custom music still works fine on my desktop computer, which is also patched. On both computers, custom music was already installed prior to patching (but the mp3s are not the same.)

Message 11 of 36 (2,974 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had a look and I found out that it's the music I converted from youtube that isn't working.
They don't show up in the music options.
Other files work.

Message 12 of 36 (2,963 Views)

Hero

Thanks guys for the testing.

The more info the better.

Would be good t know which format/codecs.

I would also be curious if custom music still works if you switch back to the 32 bit version. Just for testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 36 (2,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I already switched back to 32 3 days ago, doesn't do anything abiut the music issue (did speed up the game though).
I wondered if it is a copyright protection thing?
Files are 245 kbs MP3, made with an online youtubeconverter, I don't know how to check codec.

Message 14 of 36 (2,949 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the info.

I don't know what it is but I want to get as much info as possible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 36 (2,946 Views)

Half of Custom Music Disappearing

★★★★ Novice

(((First, I want to make it very clear that I DO NOT have any added mods or Custom content added in my game, I can’t be bothered with the hassle of it. I tried it once in the Sims 3 and I wasn’t very happy with it, so I haven’t done it since. The only custom thing I have in there is music and I’m not even sure if that can be considered Custom content or not…)))

Issue:

Before the December 4th 2015 update, ALL of my music (both downloads and songs from albums) worked fine—even the ones that had the weird symbols instead of the song names like ‘uuuuuuuu’ and ‘uuuuubbbl’. Now, since the update, only half of them work and the other half has completely disappeared from the game (and the ones not working aren’t just downloaded mp3’s, 65% of the ones not working are songs from albums). Some of the songs that were downloaded and from albums work and the other half do not, and its different songs that work and different songs that do not work from each album, so I can’t even say that it’s just one album that is giving me the problem. I have checked my Sims 4 custom music folder, and checked each station and all of my music that I placed in them is still in those folders, but when I go back into the game and look at ‘game settings-music’ half the songs are gone. I would also like to make a note of the fact that even though I’m having this issue with all of the stations, the most noted station that has the most custom music missing is the “Electronica” station—so I will be using this as the picture example, for EA and whomever else to look at. I have about 22 songs that worked perfectly in that folder, and now I only have 4 that are showing up in the game (hopefully the pictures turned up alright for you to see this).

Steps taken to try and fix issue:

I have done everything I can think of…. (((if anyone has any other suggestions, i am open to hear them so long as it doesn't mess up my computer))).

Attempt 1) first I went through all of my music and made sure that it met the requirements, which it did (and considering it worked fine before the update, I pretty much already knew that, but I double checked anyway).

Attempt 2) next, I took the music out of the folders and started the game up with none of the music in it, played a while, saved and exited. I then shut down my computer and started it back up a few hours later. I replaced all of my music back into the appropriate folders and started the game back up, but nothing had changed.

Attempt 3) when that didn’t fix my issue, I copied the save folder onto a USB flash drive and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I then proceeded to play the Sims 4 as if it was a new game, and added my music back in and I still had the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled it a second time, and added the save folder back into the game as well as my music and still no change.

Where does the bug occur:

There is no specific area, it’s the whole game, no matter which saved game I go into or when I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and treated it like it was a new game.

Mods/CC:

No, I do not have any mods or Custom content add, but once again I’m not exactly sure if Custom music can be considered as custom content or not (because I did not remove any of the music when the update took place—I didn’t even get a chance too, for it updated as soon as I logged into Origin since I have automatic updates… but I never removed any of the music with the past updates and I never had any issue with it then… so…. am I supposed to remove them for every update or not?).

Expansion packs/game packs/stuff packs:

The only expansion pack I own is “Get to work”.

Issue occurring since:

Patch update: December 4th 2015

Operating system:

(((copied word, for word)))

System: Windows 8.1

Processor: intel (R) core (TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.20GHz

installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

system type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

pen and touch: no pen or touch input is available for this display.

If you need any additional information please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

B.W.

Message 16 of 36 (2,892 Views)

Re: Half of Custom Music Disappearing

Hero

Thanks for all the details. 

Hopefully EA/Maxis can figure this one out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 36 (2,886 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't play custom music.

★★★ Novice

It's definitely got something to do with Expansions, before I bought Get to Work and Get Together last week, I had custom music working perfectly, and then I added Get to Work and only a few songs disappeared and I was okay with that. Then I added Get Together and a good 90% of my songs aren't playing.

Even after the December patch Custom Music was working fine for me, and I don't think my Mods/CC are conflicting.

So it's definitely the Expansions working against Custom Music.

Message 18 of 36 (2,882 Views)

Hero

Is custom music back in working condition as addressed in today's patch ?

@ren_sibal123 @MasonGamerBoi @black-wolf066 @LizzusM @janyses

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 36 (2,845 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't play custom music.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Message 20 of 36 (2,060 Views)