Re: Electronica folder doesn't play after the 4 december update

by LizzusM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims 4 won't play custom music

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I place mp3 files on speific folder like pop i place Bang Bang by Jessie j mp3 and it not play it on options and stereo. I play other premade music in sims 3 when i play my custom music it is not playing. How can i do?

Message 1 of 36 (17,090 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

The current problem at hand seems to be fixed.

It probably still doesn't work on the wall speakers but that has it's own thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Wall-Venue-Speakers-Not-Playing-Custom-Music/td-p/37...

Going to mark this as solved for now. Feel free to bump if it's not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 36 (11,132 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 won't play custom music.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ren_sibal123 Moved this to bug reporting since I hear it might be bugged since the new GTW patch.

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (16,999 Views)

★★ Guide

Crin I'm having the same issue.. In my case it started after updating to the March 26th patch.

Message 3 of 36 (16,974 Views)

★★★★ Novice

mine is playing multiple music at once. Not even custom. Just multiple game music lol

Message 4 of 36 (16,969 Views)

Hero

LIke this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/2-songs-playing-at-the-same-time/m-p/4438958 or does the loading music keep playing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 36 (16,964 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've had this same issue for so long that I don't remember when it began. Sometimes my custom music plays - sometimes it doesn't. I wish there were some way to find out what song it was *trying* to play when the sound goes off - so I could look at the file.

Does anyone know what criteria are needed for the MP3s in the custom folder, i.e. maximum file size and that sort of thing?

Message 6 of 36 (16,471 Views)

Hero

@ren_sibal123 @JasonVega2 @hfxmer @catloverplayer

Could any of you check on this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (16,201 Views)

Electronica folder doesn't play after the 4 december update

★★★★★ Novice

Hi.
I'd like to say first that I am really happy you can actually turn off game music now.
But I am not happy with the fact that my electronica channel doesn't play my custom music anymore.
At least  one other channel was still recognized... How do I fix this?

Message 8 of 36 (15,828 Views)

Hero

Hi @LizzusM

there have been reports before so I merged your post

Is it just that one folder for you on all stereos or on certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 36 (15,818 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The songs I unchecked are being played again by the Huisbaasfluisteraar (Landlord whisperer?)
I'll check which srereo's play which songs later today

Message 10 of 36 (3,179 Views)