No Custom Content

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
Asus Z87-Plus
Intel Core i5-4670k (Stock)
8GB RAM
GTX 760 (Stock) (340.52)

Downloaded Version of the game
Brand New Household created after 11/16/2014 Patch

Made a Microwave Dinner, But gave another action to go vent in a mirror while she was standing there waiting for it to finish cooking. Then when I came back, I could not click finish cooking without the AI complaining they could not get to it.

Moving the Microwave anywhere didn't help, Adding the microwave to the family inventory then removing the food and placing them both out individually did not work. 

Every Microwave Model does this.

Sometimes the sim, when they have finished eating, will place the plate back in to the microwave. When you click to remove the plate. You cant.

Had to delete the microwave and buy a new one. Two Dinners later, happend again, again and again. Played for 10 Hours straight with the same household before I had this happen the first time. Seems after testing with another household, time does not matter and It happens regardless. Verified the game afterwards just because I could, did not work.

Did not have this issue till the 11/16/2014 patch

Hope this helps

Message 1 of 11 (3,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Bugged Microwaves

★★★★ Apprentice

I just want to report that it seems this issue has been fixed with the March 26th Patch

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (3,048 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is it just the microwave or also other problems ?

Here's another similar thread and I just wanna make sure it's not the same: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Can-t-cook-after-update-in-December/td-p/4125428/

Also does new household mean you started a new save game or you started a new household in an existing save game ?

Do you have any files in your tray folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I can cook using all the other methods just fine. Only the Microwaves. Whether the command is iniatied from the fridge or the microwave to cook something that requires the microwave.

Completely fresh game. I always delete all my saves after patches to avoid issues.

And if the tray folder is located at C:\Users\ USER NAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

I have a total of 49 files there.

3 HOUSEHOLDBINARY Files

3 TRAYITEM Files

37 SGI Files

6 HHI Files

EDIT - 

I went back in the game and was able to reproduce the issue again with another new household. I can also cook meals that require the stove with no issues at all.

I can add that after you interupt whatever is being cooked in the microwave, when you click "Resume Microwave Dinner" Or Empty (Insert Microwave Name)" The sim will not go back to the microwave and instead queue washing dishes and walk to the nearest sink with nothing in hand.

They perform no animations in front of the sink. They just stand in place a quick second then clear their queued actions.

Message 3 of 11 (3,199 Views)

Hero

Could you try if repairing the game on Origin does anything for you.

I've added for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (3,154 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Nope. Repaired twice and still have the issue.

Message 5 of 11 (3,147 Views)

Hero

Ok.

Not sure how to solve this then. It's on the list now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (3,132 Views)

Hero

Was able to duplicate in my game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (3,124 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Least I know Im not crazy now.

Thanks

Message 8 of 11 (3,105 Views)

Hero

Yeah, replacing the microwave does seem the only temp solution for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (3,100 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just want to report that it seems this issue has been fixed with the March 26th Patch

Message 10 of 11 (3,049 Views)