simology panel problems

by showstopper09034

Original Post

simology panel problems

★★ Novice

I just downloaded the new update for 11/13/18. Since the update my Simology panel has changed. My sim I have been playing the same one for years so after completing all of the careers, aspirations, etc... I have obtained nearly all of the traits in the game. The problem with that is that the scroll bar is not compatible with seeing above my traits now. For example I cant see how many days until my sim ages up so I can take more youth potion. Is it a setting or is this a bug from the new update? Please assist.

Message 11 of 44 (1,499 Views)

Re: simology panel problems

Hero

Hi @showstopper09034

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Could you please post your resolution and OS as well.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 44 (1,475 Views)

Re: simology panel problems

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well.  I had to scale my ui to 200 just so I can see my sim's age.  Seems to be because my sim has all traits and aspiration reward traits.

Windows 10

1920x1080

TS4_x64 2018-11-14 11-10-23.jpg

Message 13 of 44 (1,429 Views)

Simology panel does only show traits but no age

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Always but only with one of my sims
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the "get  famous" one. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with almost all of the possible traits that you get from you aspirations. I do see 50 of them. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Only the traits are visible, and there are so many of them that the part where the age would have been seen is higher than my screen is. I attached a screenshot for better understanding.
What do you expect to see? A normal looking panel were I can see the age of my sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not after the last patch.
Did it appear after a specific patch? Yes, after the one from 13. November 2018

Message 14 of 44 (1,412 Views)

Re: Simology panel does only show traits but no age

Hero

Hi @Annamanna23

it's currently a known issue.

I merged your post with existing bug thread.

Feel free to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 44 (1,401 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey @crinrict

I am sorry that I did not find that thread myself.. 

Attached a screenshot of my graphics tab, sorry that it is in german, but I think you can guess what is what.

I am playing on a desktop computer with windows 10 pro and my hardware is a i7-8700K (3,7 GHz) processor, nvivida GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card and 16 gb RAM.

Hope some of that helps and it can be solved quickly.

Thanks a lot!

Anna

Message 16 of 44 (1,392 Views)

Hero
I understand that perfectly as my mother tongue is (Swiss) German as well :D

Seems it's really not a resolution issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 44 (1,389 Views)

Problem with trait displaying.

★★ Apprentice

I have sims with a lot of traits and i just loaded up the game for the first time since the update and i noticed when i went to look at the age or family tree of sims with lots of traits, or general personality things, i cant see the top of the personality area.

I'll post a picture of what it should look like and what the problem looks like.

It's not exactly game breaking but i figured i would mention it

Message 18 of 44 (1,340 Views)

New Simology Panel - can't scroll up far enough

★★ Novice

I'm doing an "all traits" Sim.  She has a boatload, as you can see below.  With the new Simology panel, I can't scroll up to see the other material in the panel.  I can't scroll up far enough to minimize the traits.  Help?

I can see how many days to age-up by using the new calendar with Seasons.  But that's not ideal.

11-14-18_10-36-24 PM.png sreenshot.  Can't scroll traits to see other contents of Simology panel.

Message 19 of 44 (1,340 Views)

Re: New Simology Panel - can't scroll up far enough

Champion (Retired)

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Simology-panel-top-off-top-of-screen/td-p/716662...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 20 of 44 (1,326 Views)