Re: Sim work clothing not consistant

by Screech666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim work clothing not consistent

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

In the Buisness career (although it may also happen to others), my sim was going to work in her work uniform one day and then 'everyday' clothing the next. This would alternate and would appear to be totally random. One day work clothing, the next everyday clothing.

Should be work clothing every day surely?

Message 1 of 21 (12,539 Views)

Accepted Solution

This appears to be corrected with the 2/4 patch.

View in thread

Message 14 of 21 (11,289 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

I've noticed this as well. It may be the same as the bug reported here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Possible-bug-Sims-will-change-assigned-outfit-sleepw...

I noticed in my case that this happens when the Sim is in sleepwear when they go to work. The game switches them to their work clothes and then immediately switched them to an everyday outfit. It seems to be a miscue where the game is changing the Sims' clothing to something appropriate for leaving theit home lot - not remembering that they just changed into their work clothes.

Message 2 of 21 (12,467 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 21 (12,461 Views)

Hero

@Andrew060 Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (12,418 Views)

[ Edited ]

The game is bugged where every sim constantly defaults to everyday 1 oufits.  Service NPCs like bartendars do this too.  If you have a career outfit, it will get overridden by everyday 1.  When you travel, sims revert to everyday 1.  When you go to a lounge, sims are supposed to change to party outfits, but they wear everyday one.  My suspicion is that the programmers were trying to stop the complaints that people were wearing hot dog outfits and costumes in public so they made it worse by just having the game continually default sims to everyday 1 when traveling.  That is actually worse than random outfits that may not suit the occasion imho.  If they just removed the everyday 1 default and made costumes "not random" outfits it would be fine.

Message 5 of 21 (12,401 Views)

I also just noticed that sometimes they will change into their work attire for a split second and then immediately change to everyday 1.  There is definitely some sort of conflict bug affecting their career outfit.

Message 6 of 21 (12,393 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@crinrict This bug is still present. The sim switches outfit 2-3 times in a row before going to work. Sometimes they use the correct outfit but most of the times it's the everyday outfit instead.

Message 7 of 21 (12,161 Views)

Hero

Ok, for some more info on this issue

@RyckRainthrottle also sees this and has reported in several threads.

Is this happening for ALL your careers or only business as for OP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (12,157 Views)

[ Edited ]

Happens for all careers and jobs.  It can be an active career like scientist from GTW or a base game career like chef.  If they are in sleep wear when summoned to work, they will spin out of sleepwear, into work attire for about a second, and then into everyday wear as if they are allergic to their work attire.  However, if they are wearing any other category, they remain I work attire.  It wouldn't be so noticeable except that sims are often in their sleepwear when the work day begins.  The reason people are confused is that it only happens if they are in their sleep wear.  If you look at the criminal career for example, it happens as well.  Its not as noticeable with a career like the criminal however because they go to work at night and typically the Sim has changed out of their sleepwear by evening when they go to that job so they wear the correct work attire.  If you put them into sleep wear before they leave you will see them skip through their work attire.  Hope this helps as it took months of observation to realize it was the sleep wear that was the condition upon which it happens.

Message 9 of 21 (12,151 Views)

Hero

OK. Thanks

I've frankly not seen it happen in my game and I'm pretty sure they were still in sleep wear but testing it again.

My sims both have afternoon careers atm so it's a bit difficult to not forget :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (12,146 Views)