Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim won't stop eating

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eat leftovers
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will continue to eat until I cancel the action. Her hunger will be filled, but her plate never empties. The task completion circle stops at about 3/4 of the way.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim eat all of her food, get up to clean the dishes, and go on to the next task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim will continue to eat, because the task circle never completes. Her hunger line will be full, but she will still have food on her plate and just keep eating until I cancel the action. I have repaired the game and have no mods. This has been an issue since playing ECO on the release date and/or the big update. I downloaded the pack and the update on the same day, so I'm not sure which one is causing the issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 8 of 42 (7,237 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim won't stop eating

Hero

Ever wished your delicious food just never… ended? We thought we did until our Sims were unable to finish their meals. Now they are able to finish Eating Leftovers. They are leftovers, not leftFOREVERS.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 42 of 42 (5,360 Views)

All Replies

Sims eating but their food not disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I updated to the recent patch,

My sims will eat (for example, a garden salad), and their hunger fills, but the food doesn't get any 'smaller' and the bowl remains full. 

Message 1 of 42 (7,103 Views)

Sims won't finish eating/Plate won't empty

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Missing: Eco Living, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims receive food from an NPC and put it away. They take it out to eat later when hungry. Food is neverending.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plate won't empty and the sim either is stuck in a never ending loop of eating or they quit out of the action and then won't take the food again.
What do you expect to see? The sims to eat the food and leave an empty dish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Eco Living Pre-Patch

Message 2 of 42 (7,171 Views)

Re: Sims won't finish eating/Plate won't empty

Hero

HI @angelatmarie 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 42 (7,147 Views)

Sim won't stop eating

★★ Novice

Since the update, there is a new glitch in my game (though I've heard other people have been experiencing this since before the update). When my sims grab a plate, they won't finish eating unless I manually cancel the action. 

I also have another food-related glitch. At some point, a sim won't eat at all. They'll just pick up the plate, walk around a bit, and set it down. However, this is fixed when I restart the game. 

I have no mods and no CC installed. The resetsim command does not help either issue. 

Message 4 of 42 (7,162 Views)

Dot.: Sim won't stop eating

Hero (Retired)
@AthenaSleepsIn

Were these meals in the fridge before the update? I had this error but after getting rid of the old meals from the fridge and after cooking new ones this bug disappeared.
Try to fix the game in Origin.
Origin/My games library - right-click on the cover of TS4 - option: Repair

I don't work for EA
Message 5 of 42 (7,149 Views)

★★ Novice

Repairing the game didn't do anything. I will try deleting my food. However, this is happening with freshly prepared food that's never been in the fridge and not just leftovers. 

Message 6 of 42 (7,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@AthenaSleepsIn 

Some files in your game folder can be corrupted. You need to replace them with a new one.
Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
The path to The Sims 4 folder in Win 10
This computer> drive C> Users> computer name or your name> Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4
Step 1. Move The Sims4 folder to the desktop
Step 2.. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old on the desktop and one new
Step 3. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and check if you still have this error.
If the problem disappeared
Step 4. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 5. Go to "The Sims 4" old folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 6. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 7. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file if you have this file in the old folder on the desktop
Step. 8. Launch the game and check if this problem disappeared.
The last step - delete The Sims4 folder from the desktop

Your saves and library will stay safe

Message 7 of 42 (7,100 Views)

Re: SIM won't stop eating

Hero
@1BlessedNonni Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 42 (7,147 Views)

Re: SIM won't stop eating

★★ Apprentice

I have had this happen to me! 

I'm pretty sure every time it was Mac n Cheese that was left over in my fridge before the update. I know that's quite specific but only seemed to happen with the Mac n Cheese - and I also don't know if this is even more specific but it seemed to be the Mac n Cheese that was cooked in cauldron (RoM) 

I just deleted the Mac n Cheese from the fridge and this problem hasn't happened since. 

Message 10 of 42 (7,131 Views)