[FIXED] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

by Mogway

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm just posting here for whoever comes across this like i did because of this issue:

The key retrieval situation suggested above did work for me and stopped the problem!

(however still kinda sad that this bug is still going on after so many months... lol)

Message 61 of 76 (1,158 Views)

★ Guide

this happened the last time I was playing one time and he was in the culinary career

Message 62 of 76 (1,132 Views)

Leaving Work Early Pop Up

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's except Island Living, all GP except Realm of Magic, all Stuff packs except Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, and Fitness Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take your sim to work. Rabbit Hole job.
What happens when the bug occurs? What happens when the bug occurs? Every time my sim goes to work I get a pop up menu asking if I'm sure I want my sim to leave work early. This happens everytime he goes to work and he works in the Spy Career. Also whenever I have another sim on a lot when he gets off work instead of going home he goes to the public location my other sim is.
What do you expect to see? I haven't done any work cancellation interaction so the pop up shouldn't keep happening every time he goes to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 63 of 76 (1,134 Views)

Re: Leaving Work Early Pop Up

Hero
@JestTru I merged your post with existing bug report.

If you have given your Sim a residence key, revoke it and see if it continues to happen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 76 (1,108 Views)

Re: Leaving Work Early Pop Up

★★ Novice

Thank you that worked. I forgot I had given that sim a key.

Message 65 of 76 (1,088 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have one sim that do this. She is a ghost, a vampire and at the max Criminal career. 

Message 66 of 76 (1,081 Views)

Sim goes to work then immediately tries to come home

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? send your sim to work
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim goes to work then a few minutes later a pop up appears asking if he should miss work
What do you expect to see? My sim shoud stay at work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It only happens to adults working. It doesn't happen to work from home careers. My sim is in the Tech career

Message 67 of 76 (1,106 Views)

Re: Sim goes to work then immediately tries to come home

★ Guide

There was a bug like this linked to the Residence Keys. If your Sim has given someone a key then for some reason it triggered the Leave Work action. So if there's someone who has keys to the house, ask for them back and see if that solves the problem? 

Message 68 of 76 (1,093 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you. I will try that

Message 69 of 76 (1,083 Views)

Hero
@king4510411 I merged your post with the existing bug thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 76 (1,061 Views)