[FIXED] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

by Mogway

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem. Female sims is an actor. Male sim in business. Get a notification a few work hours in that he wants to leave early. I make him work out his day. Happens every work day. But if female sim travels anywhere, he always comes. I can't stop him. Its like he can't be away from her. Its super annoying.
Its a new game with no mods.
Message 11 of 76 (1,660 Views)

Work Bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When an actress/actor Sim is at the studio, other household members (not children) will show up on the lot. When other household members are at work besides the main sim, the game will prompt me with an “are you sure you want to leave work?” even though I did not click anything to incite this.
What happens when the bug occurs? The other Sim will show up at the studio without being told to, or a prompt will pop up asking if I’m sure I want to leave work without clicking on anything having to do with it.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my other sims to stay at home while my actress is at the studio. I also expect for the game to not prompt me asking if I’m sure I want to leave work unless I actually click that option myself.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started happening after installing get famous.

Don’t have any at the moment

Message 12 of 76 (1,663 Views)

Re: Work Bug

Hero

Hi @goldenrosegames

I merged your post with another report of the same kind.

Does this happen with all your Sims or just one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 76 (1,635 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! This seems to only happen with my main sim (who is the actress), and her husband is the one that shows up at the studio or gives me the prompt for him to leave work. 

Message 14 of 76 (1,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. It happened around 2 pm for a Sim in the business career, level 7. No sack lunch. Same message as OP. Not sure it's every day, but it's happened a handful of times. Sim also has almost 3 stars of fame.  

Message 15 of 76 (1,595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So i thought it was my Matt sim doing it, but now a Sim married into the familie in a different world is doing it too. She has never had this message before but they recently moved to Sol Valley, before that it was never a problem. Where do your sims live? Cause it might be the new neighborhood causing the problems and not the sims.

She has no stardom at all its her husband and father in law who have stars and none of my sims are in the actor career

Message 16 of 76 (1,559 Views)

Hero
Weird issue,

Thanks for the update.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 76 (1,552 Views)

★ Guide
I moved Dirk Dreamer into my household and got him into the writing career and he will go to work and I can be sitting there playing with his girlfriend who’s an actress while she’s doing things around the house and the message will pop up. At first I kept thinking it was because maybe my mouse glitched and when I was changing from work normally to work hard I kept accidentally clicking for him to leave work early but I tried it without changing his workday and he still kept trying to come home.
Message 18 of 76 (1,526 Views)

★★ Apprentice

in which neighborhood are your sims living?

Message 19 of 76 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, my male sim always just randomly wants to leave work, he is in programming and has the jealous trait, my female sim (his wife) is a music producer/YouTuber, and she went to a celebrity meet and greet while he was at work, and the little * just showed up there! The panel showed him as at work, but there he was, at the bar, drinking. 

Message 20 of 76 (1,500 Views)