Re: [OPEN] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

by mktafoya

Original Post

My Sim is leaving work early, no mods , no sack lunches

★★★ Novice

Hi I love this game but one character is giving me problems. When my character is at work, I have clicked nothing to send him home. The notice comes up all on it own, "Are you sure you want to send [mysim] home from work early? The Boss will not like it if you leave." I have moved them into different lots thinking it would fix the notices keeps coming up without me clicking anything, the only trigger there is placing beds in the house after the family has moved in and the kids are home from school. As the title states, no mods, no sack lunches I am in build mode, I go back to live mode after places the , no parents are home,only children and this noitce comes up. I have never clicked it, I am afraid it will harm my computer if I do. I have always hard quit the the game with Ctrl+Alt. but it keep happing again and again. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 51 of 76 (1,188 Views)

Re: My Sim is leaving work early, no mods , no sack lunches

Hero
@wolframschmidt3 Merged your posts with existing thread on this.

Do you have multiple Sims in your household ? Any housekeys ever exchanged among them

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 76 (1,169 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your quick reply. To answer your question, I had created the female sim and she married the Johnny Zest character. Before they got married, I had her give him a key to the lot I first moved her onto. When they got married they moved onto his lot. The issue did not start happening until after she finshed the actor's asperation. I decided to sent to her gig without me playing. I did this because he had work around the same time and I knew he would not leave unless I sent him. When he was at work all I clicked for him to work hard and the question comes up for him to come home early. Again thank you for your help

Message 53 of 76 (1,149 Views)

Hero
@wolframschmidt3 The key doesn't actually get removed when you move them in.

Can you revoke the key to see if it persists ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 76 (1,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

That may not help, because when my character originally gave the key to Johnny it was a different lot from where they are now. I don't  know if they still have the keys to first lot.  

Message 55 of 76 (1,115 Views)

Hero
@wolframschmidt3 I don't think that makes a difference. Just check if you still have the interaction and revoke it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 76 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank    you  for  the  info  I  will  try  it  out  on  the  game  and  get  back   to  you

Message 57 of 76 (1,084 Views)

★ Novice

I noticed that this only happened to my game when I lent the girlfriend a key to the house. Eventually I let her move in but I think there was no issue here.

Anyway, my sim and the girl both have jobs and my sim was a detective and she was a businesswoman. They both leave for work at the same time. The issue is the girl, after 1 or 2 hours of work, will get a query about having to skip work, as stated in the topic. Now, the query will appear if I dont follow my active sim, and I can easily cancel the query about leaving work early. However, if I follow my main sim at the police station, she will automatically leave work early and sometimes join the police lot.

What I did was revoke the keys to the apartment (Slight relationship drain, of course), but it still persisted after one day. However, she got promoted the next day, had a change of schedule, and this issue hasnt happened again. Hope that helps, I think it's related to the keys to the aparment, yes.

Message 58 of 76 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Was a fix ever found for this? I play on xbox and just got the famous pack,  and since one of my sims every day a few hours into work has a message pop up to leave early. Super annoying.  Then it seems if she works on a holiday,  half way through the day she just comes home.  It popped up a few times with my other sims, but this one sim it is every day she works

Message 59 of 76 (1,019 Views)

Hero
@mktafoya It's possibly related to house keys.

Did you give someone a house key ? If so, try revoking that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 76 (1,004 Views)