Re: [OPEN] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

by Entoarox

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also have this issue with just one sim. I moved Wolfgang Munch in with my sim, and he's in the criminal career now. An hour or two after he leaves for work, the message pops up.

Message 31 of 76 (1,689 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem. It appears to be directly related to a similar problem.

In my household of two Sims, if Sim B goes to work, and Sim A is either at home or at work, I'll frequently (once per shift) get a message asking me if Sim B should leave work, although I haven't selected anything that should cause him to do so. This is the least-annoying version of the problem, since if I choose "No," he works through the rest of his day.

This is likely related to a couple of similar problems:

1. If Sim B goes to work, and then Sim A travels to a different lot, Sim B will return home without giving me the option to cancel, also losing income and work performance.

2. If Sim B is asleep and Sim A travels to a different lot, Sim B will prematurely wake up, and Care for Needs won't cause him to go back to bed (the icon never shows him sleeping,) regardless of how tired he is.

Unlike most of the other reports here, neither Sim has anything to do with Del Sol Valley; I've actively avoided that neighborhood. Both Sims reside in Strangerville. Sim A was a new household generated by me. Sim B was an NPC I'd generated using Play With Genetics (created a son for Ted and Meredith Roswell.) Also, the Acting career is not involved. Sim A is in the Military career, and Sim B is in the Tech Guru career.

Message 32 of 76 (1,655 Views)

My Sims Are Leaving Work Early?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 sims and send one of them to work and the other to a different lot or keep that one at home it doesn't really matter.
What happens when the bug occurs? A popup comes up for one of my sims saying are you sure you want them to leave work whenever I am at their residence however when I'm on a different lot with another sim they return home without me saying. I thought it was the career she was in so I changed it to be the same as my other sim however it still happens and only with that one.
What do you expect to see? The sim going to work and completing the shift to the end.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 33 of 76 (1,615 Views)

Re: My Sims Are Leaving Work Early?

Hero

HI @Nitrous_XP37 

this is a known issue.

I've merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 76 (1,603 Views)

★ Novice

My sim is unemployed and getting this same error message???

Message 35 of 76 (1,575 Views)

★ Guide

I've seen this issue too recently.  The sim is a musician, about level 6 or  7, and when it started had no fame. He lives in Newcrest and was created in CAS. As has been said if he's at work and his wife is at home,  I get the message asking if he should leave work. I haven't seen any issue with him not going to work when other sims in the household are traveling, but it could be I either don't remember or thought I must have accidentally hit something.  

Message 36 of 76 (1,550 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We've narrowed this down to occurring with Sims that have a residence key and are living with the Sim that gave them the key.  While the team looks into this, a workaround is to take back the residence key from the Sim, which should make the Sim no longer want to leave work early.

If anyone is seeing this issue (without mods) with a Sim that does not have a residence key, please let me know.  It would also be helpful if you could send me a private message with a link to your affected save file(s).  Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 76 (1,512 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can confirm that taking back the residence key from the sim fixes the issue.

I stumbled across this answer on reddit by chance, tried it out, and have not encountered this over-eager stalking behaviour since!

Message 38 of 76 (1,484 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

★★ Apprentice

I keep getting this message as well. He's in the astronaut career. His wife is a freelance writer. 

Message 39 of 76 (1,440 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

Hero

Hi @Elegantblkchina 

have you tried the suggestion above to revoke the key ? Does that work ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 76 (1,439 Views)