[FIXED] Sim walks on knees

by mrstank30

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sim walks on knees

★★★★ Novice
I don’t what happened, but I stopped playing with the one sim that kept doing that and nothing has happened since. If it’s still an issue I would recommend repairing your game through Origin or starting a new save file.
Message 71 of 131 (2,209 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sim walks on knees

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Sims walking on their knees" issue has been fixed for toddlers who age up.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77 

Be aware that this issue is NOT fixed if you're Sim was born pre-patch. Guess they weren't able to fix existing bugged Sims.

The bug may also still occur on toddlers that were cheated up in age or downloaded from the gallery

Still considering this bug fixed.

Cheats are not supported.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 131 (10,189 Views)

★ Guide
I'd never even heard of this issue until I read it on the patch notes. Lo and behold, one of my sims has it now. This issue clearly hasn't been fully fixed.
Message 73 of 131 (2,104 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Unfortunatly, I don't think this issue was fixed. I've never had the full glitch before, but today while playing I had two sims drop to their knees before standing up again. They didn't walk around on their knees, but it was kind of weird that it happened. They weren't even aging up either :/
Message 74 of 131 (2,096 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This I do not know. 
What happens when the bug occurs? My YA sim walks with the toddler animation. 
What do you expect to see? No toddler animations except on toddlers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nope. Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Either the pre-Seasons patch or the Seasons expansion itself.

The sim that has the bug seems to most often exhibit it while going up or down the stairs. He is from an offshoot of my main sims family, and was born outside the played family. I cannot remember if he was ever rendered as a toddler at all. When the bug began showing itself - after the patches - he was a teenager. He is now YA and moved into my main family house, and occasionally lets this toddlery side of him show. 

Message 75 of 131 (2,088 Views)

Hero

HI @Elecyah

was he born pre- or post patch ? It's possible that pre-patch affected Sims still have this issue although it's supposed to be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 131 (2,080 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

HI @Elecyah

was he born pre- or post patch ? It's possible that pre-patch affected Sims still have this issue although it's supposed to be fixed.

Oh, okay. Yes, he was born before the patches. I hadn't thought of that. It's possible he always had the bug, but I just didn't know it until my Sims went to visit that family - which happened after the patch. I had just read about this bug having been fixed and there is teenage Gabriel walking on his knees. 

Well, hopefully that's it, then, and there won't be any more. He may be doomed to always have a bit of a toddler in him, but I can live with that. Who's perfect, right? lol

Thanks! =)

Message 77 of 131 (2,065 Views)

Hero
Thanks for your feedback. Going to wait with reopening this to see how many reports we still have.

Changing tag to needs input though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 131 (2,061 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How is this STILL not fixed?

My main SIm also has this issue and I've tried all the fixes I could find and could think of and nothing helped. If it has started occurring with the Toddler Stuff then it seriously has been around for a really long time and should be fixed.

Message 79 of 131 (2,013 Views)

Hero

Is your Sim a pre-patch Sim or an after patch Sim ?

It shouldn't happen anymore for Sims born after the Seasons patch but older ones still seem affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 131 (2,000 Views)