Original Post

Re: Toddler teen walk glitch

Hero

Thanks

I've forwarded your save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 131 (2,906 Views)

★ Guide

ohh it's the Run Run Run energized  moodlet i didn't read it before. The moodlet that comes with the Wild trait when they are toddlers. These moodlets arn't supposed to show up when they are adults but most of the toddler moodlets still keep showing when they are adults and this is the one that is causing the toddler  walk glitch and it happens as an adult not just a teen.

Message 32 of 131 (2,895 Views)

★ Novice

My sim also has this issue and the run run run moodlet.

Message 33 of 131 (2,852 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello again.

Thanks to everyone for the information thus far.  My team was able to see this only when cheating a Toddler's age up using cas.fulleditmode while the Toddler has the Run Run Run buff.

Is there anyone seeing this without cheating?  

If so:

• Did the affected Sim have the Run Run Run buff when this occurred?
  • Was the Sim ever a toddler?
  • If so, how did the affected Sim age up from Toddler to their current age? 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 131 (2,827 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @SimQARobo,

I had this glitch in early March and lost the save data due to my HDD crash. All I can do now is remembering my situation, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use the cheat code, because I'm not familiar with those codes.

1. Did the affected Sim have the Run Run Run buff when this occurred?

I'm sorry, I can't remember if my sim had or not. I didn't pay attention to her moodlets, but her toddler trait had been Wild, so she could have it.

2. Was the Sim ever a toddler?

Yes, I first made her in CAS as a toddler and a daughter of my main household's collateral family. I basically didn't play the collateral household. 

3. If so, how did the affected Sim age up from Toddler to their current age? 

She automatically aged up in her original household while I didn't play. I had not played her at all while she was younger and living in another house, but after all she got married with non-biological son of my main family and moved to the main household, then I noticed her toddler walking. 

I didn't play her directly but I once tried to call her up to my main house as a friend when she was a toddler, and before she left, she played wrestling with an active sim. So, she might maintain that moodlet after that and eventually got older with it. 

In either way, I think "automatically grown up in inactive household" could be somehow add to this glitch's conditions, as well as the cheating.

Message 35 of 131 (2,822 Views)

★ Guide

Hi there

my sim aged up normally the only thing I did with her is to set the top notch toddler trait as she  had all toddler traits to level 5 but as I was playing with another family when she aged up she didn't get the reward.

Message 36 of 131 (2,814 Views)

★ Novice

I didn't age him up with cas.fulleditmode but i did customize him with the cheat, I'm unsure if he had the run run run moodlet though. He aged up automatically and was born from vampire and alien parents (he's also an alien). 

Message 37 of 131 (2,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

My team is able to see this now without cheats, thanks to everyone's information.  It looks like Toddler moodlets are being retained when they age up autonomously while in an inactive household.  In theory, once the moodlet expires the glitch should stop happening for the affected Sim.  We'll look into it though.

No need for additional information.  If the glitch is stuck on the Sim and never goes away though, please let me know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 38 of 131 (2,741 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for checking this issue, @SimQARobo.

Although I didn’t notice that the toddler moodlets were there, my sim had repeated the normal walking and the toddler walking alternatively until she died. The toddler moodlets seemed to go away after a few hours or so, not sticking continuously, but those would come back constantly like once or twice a day. I think that’s the similar way the other normal moodlets that come with sim’s traits do.

Message 39 of 131 (2,726 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @3ukkie

Do you still happen to have a save file with the affected Sim?

Message 40 of 131 (2,702 Views)