Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim walks on knees

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On aging up, Sims randomly start walking on their knees when walking up stairs
What happens when the bug occurs? They walk on their knees
What do you expect to see? Not walking on their knees
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Toddler Patch

https://youtu.be/zSWoVEcJsQY?t=48s

https://youtu.be/9Lt_6cdiF2Q

This is very odd.  Sim walks on his knees.  I have moved out the family and moved them elsewhere, I've tried the reset sim cheat.  I have no mods currently, no custom content.  He's the only sim doing this.  It randomly stopped.  I thought I'd fixed it.  Now it's happening again.

Message 1 of 131 (13,461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Sim walks on knees

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Sims walking on their knees" issue has been fixed for toddlers who age up.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77 

Be aware that this issue is NOT fixed if you're Sim was born pre-patch. Guess they weren't able to fix existing bugged Sims.

The bug may also still occur on toddlers that were cheated up in age or downloaded from the gallery

Still considering this bug fixed.

Cheats are not supported.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 72 of 131 (10,123 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim walks on knees (video)

Hero

Did you create this Sim as an adult or age up from toddler ? Looks like he walks as if he was still a toddler (especially on that stairs video)

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 131 (13,307 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't remember exactly what age I created him.  He was in an "other family" in the neighborhood.  What I do is go in and marry them off and have kids to keep the families going, even if I am not playing that family.  Otherwise, the non-played households just die off or become ghost houses.  I am playing a generation family right now on generation 5 or 6 or something and it's hard to find people to join the family and marry them off to keep it going.  So I basically create my own... lol.  

Message 3 of 131 (13,290 Views)

Hero

Would you upload your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 131 (13,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have this problem (not always) just when age my sims from toddlers to teens/ya/adults/elders in CAS.

It still a bug anyway but I don't recommend to do this for a while. Toddlers animations are crashing with older Sims things...

Message 5 of 131 (13,257 Views)

★★ Guide

I deleted him and remade him another person.  lol

Message 6 of 131 (13,250 Views)

Hero

I'm going to add this but I'll need a save, so if anyone has the issue, please save your game immediately and upload the save to mediafire

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 131 (13,231 Views)

Hero

added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 131 (13,187 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim walks on knees

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem as well, she walks like a toddler and crawls down the stairs. I tried resetting the sim but it didn't work. Seems to be a problem with aging from toddler to any other life state.

Message 9 of 131 (13,151 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim walks on knees

Hero

Have you tried moving out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 131 (13,134 Views)