[FIXED] Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

by kathryn891

Original Post

Re: Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

★ Apprentice
@kathryn891 oh I know it shouldn't, I was just adding that for the devs for sake of troubleshooting. Standard smile I'm a modder and so I know how it helps to know ALL the variables when figuring this stuff out. I was having the same problem but when I took away her Decor Likes it stopped so it's definitely a problem with the new Likes system and not something random.

Has anyone tried to see if they do this for furniture they don't like? I'm going to try that next just to see what happens.
Message 11 of 81 (1,767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes! My male sim woke up after 3 am to watch and grumble about his disliked decor. Nothing in queue to cancel the action.

Message 12 of 81 (1,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but my sim hasn't gotten up in the middle of the night to admire her coffee table ever since I got her a bed in a decor she likes.

Edit: Never mind, it only stopped her from doing it for about 5 Sim days.

Message 13 of 81 (1,734 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@wombatilim Yeah, I had that too. Maybe this our sims' way of telling us they want to update their beds more often? :D

Message 14 of 81 (1,714 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

★★★ Pro

Yes, this is a new *idle*. Sims breaks all task to admire the deco.  Self with autonomy off the player is not safe from this push (and the sims forgot again... his queues for it). The workaround is #11. Do not give your sims like and dislike in décor.

Message 15 of 81 (1,684 Views)

★★★ Novice

Commenting to bump, I'm also having this issue. 

Message 16 of 81 (1,641 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue. No kids, pets, tv/stereo, etc. on the lot to wake her up. I didn't pay attention if it happens at the same time every night... but she wakes up on her own before she's fully rested (tonight it was around midnight) to admire décor she likes. She sleeps in a loft bed and gets down to look at something under her bed (maybe the couch or wall décor) then a bubble pops up of a décor style with a green smiley face. I do not have any mods (but I do have CAS CC). She is in the decorator career if that's relevant. 

Message 17 of 81 (1,628 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update: Now strangers are entering my house at all hours to express their disapproval of my furniture. They don’t always leave afterwards. Get out of my house, Kado.

Message 18 of 81 (1,596 Views)

★ Pro

Same. Wake up admire decor.

Stacking "Sleep" actions seems to keep them in bed until they're rested, if you don't want to remove their likes/dislikes. 

Message 19 of 81 (1,590 Views)

★★ Guide

This just happened to me! She got out of bed to get mad about a clock she didn’t like. (On PS4 so no mods)

Message 20 of 81 (1,551 Views)