Re: [OPEN] Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

by keekee53

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@kathryn891 This one is super annoying! I had to remove the decor likes/dislikes from my sims cause it got too annoying
Message 71 of 81 (1,013 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just did the same, it's driving me absolutely insane. My sim hasn't had a solid night's sleep since the last update.

Message 72 of 81 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Giving this one a Me Too as well. My Sims are cancelling actions to look at décor, all the time. It's super annoying. Like, I wouldn't mind if they admired décor sometimes, but they shouldn't cancel actions in order to do it.

Message 73 of 81 (973 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

3AM is the new 8AM (known by the players who had the ''go to school'' issue for so long time). So, my Sim is waking up to admire the décor, but one floor up or down! All house is furnished as per her décor preference but she choose to get out of the bedroom to the laundry room. And there is nothing I can do to stop it, cause there is no action queued. She is just getting out of bed, use stairs - and by the way, I did not see any teleporting here as I usually do when I command to go down or up - and admire the tinniest décor in the farthest room. So I cannot basically cancel this action, but she is able to cancel any queued action like cooking, showering, sleeping just to admire décor.

A very undesirable solution: remove décor preference from CAS

Message 74 of 81 (942 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here.

Except it is not just for decor they like, it is for decor they don't like too. 

My student sim living on a dorm lot at Brichester would get up in the middle of the night and walk around the building and complain that he didn't like the decor. I couldn't even figure out which object it was or remove it because build mode is disabled on dorm lots.

It is a shame because I like the idea of sims liking and disliking certain decor.........

Message 75 of 81 (916 Views)

Champion

I've stopped adding likes as it's not just furniture it's also music. Sims won't stick to a task if there's music playing they like. They keep running to the speaker to sing along.

I just returned to a Sim, forgetting that she still had likes and she was getting out of bed 4 times a night to applaude her sofa. I tried to remove her likes in CAS but despite using the right controls it wouldn't let me.

I'm moving on from this Sim before she drives me round the bend. I'll be leaving her to her sofa loving and starting a new sim who will not Like anything lest it should cause any more spontaneous singing or leaping out of bed.

I wish they'd fixed the glitches with this pack before introducing a whoooole new set of problems with cottage living. I've got more bugs in my game than in all of granite falls.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 76 of 81 (866 Views)

Re: Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

★★★ Newbie
It can also be dislike. You should be able to use like / dislike without Sims waking up to admire things
Message 77 of 81 (834 Views)

★ Guide

Anyone know if there is a mod out there to stop this from happening?

Message 78 of 81 (808 Views)

Champion

I'm also getting constant interruptions to add Likes to other Sims.

If a current Sim is near one of my previous households, not in a group, they don't know them, sometimes I can't even see them I get a message to add a like or dislike for the Sim I'm not playing.

So they're at a festival and a pop up appears for a previous Sim asking to add a like/dislike. Or walking or jogging somewhere, or at a gym. Constant interruptions. I like to populate my towns with as many of my Sims and their extended families as possible so I'm getting a lot of these.

They've been up 3 times a night with their likes and now they can't even drink a dim and gusty in peace without a stranger liking tween music or fitness.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 79 of 81 (774 Views)

Re: Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

★★★ Newbie

It's happening to me all the time as well. and not only when sleeping. My sims stop what they are doing to just admire the decor choice...It's quite annoying.

Message 80 of 81 (726 Views)