Re: [OPEN] Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

by MrsNHP

Original Post

★ Apprentice

All I had to do was go into game options, gameplay, and uncheck "build mode items grant gameplay effects". This comes in handy for me because I don't like the eco footprint effects, and for this annoying likes and dislikes thing. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? 🙄

Message 61 of 81 (702 Views)

★ Guide

This bug is driving me nuts..! They wake up from deep sleep to see the furniture, which can be in long distance 😑 They stop everything they are doing too 😖

Message 62 of 81 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I came here to see if this were a known issue, and have "Me, Too"ed it. 

This is happening frequently. I am glad they enjoy the home I have built for them, but I do also want them to sleep until fully rested.

And I don't want to disable items' gameplay effects.  But it's unrealistic to get up in the middle of the night to go downstairs to admire one's sink.

Message 63 of 81 (667 Views)

★ Guide
This is happening to me as well and driving me crazy
Message 64 of 81 (660 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

★★ Novice

I have this problem too and it is really annoying! My sims also wake up to sniff around in random rooms because they got dusty while they slept. 

Actually I think this problem occured with the first patch for cottage living. Before that everything worked fine for me, even with dream home decor installed. 

Sims Team, please take care of this issue!!! 😔

Message 65 of 81 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@kathryn891I've also had this problem, but not only while Sims are sleeping. It seems they just autonomously go to express their décor likes and dislikes, even if you have autonomy off. This décor stuff overrides on the autonomy and it's very annoying. I've also had strangers enter my Sims home uninvited to admire or hate on the décor. For me, it's happened since Dream Home Decorator came out and I got the pack on the day it came out.

Message 66 of 81 (623 Views)

Re: Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict One of my NPCs actually jumped out of the surgical bed the next second right after he lay down to view the decor he disliked at the hospital....... and my doctor just waited for him to finish and return to do the surgery.. LOL
Message 67 of 81 (612 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@3m0k1tty Have you noticed if disabling "build mode items grant gameplay effects" disables the whole eco footprint thing? Or can they still change the eco footprint with the eco lot trait?

It would be a good workaround for random sims admiring random furniture, but I don't want to disable the eco footprint mechanism entirely.
Message 68 of 81 (591 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same thing. Most recently, my sims are staying in a rental with furniture of a decor style that one of my sims dislikes. He will wake up to look at the decor he doesnt like, even though it doesnt show up in the action que (so I can't cancel the action). If i reset the sim and send him back to bed, he will wake up again immediately and again wants to go and dislike the decor. WHY?

Message 69 of 81 (548 Views)

★★★ Guide

This happens to me too. My sim lives in Heford-on-Bagley, in simple living and wild foxes lot trait, she is level 10 home decorator and she has gigs to do tomorrow, so I quickly finished her taxes today and sent her to bed.

However, after 1 sim hour, she woke up, walk to study room, and was really happy about the desk. She is extremely exhausted but she wake up just for the desk. 

Message 70 of 81 (518 Views)