Re: [OPEN] Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

by murryshinoda

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

My Sim does this nearly every day. It's very annoying.

Message 21 of 81 (3,133 Views)

Sims Stop Performing Actions to Admire Decor

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the kits and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a played household likes or dislikes for certain decor.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will stop performing whatever action they are doing to go and react to furniture on the lot.
What do you expect to see? Moodlets for furniture should appear instantaneously instead of sim having to stop and react to get the moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the new dream home decorator pack.

So ever since I installed the new pack (Dream Home Decorator) and added likes for certain decor to my playable sims, they will stop whatever they are doing and go admire a specific piece of furniture in their home. It's really annoying when they're asleep and wake up in the middle of the night to appreciate the night stand. I sincerely hope this isn't what is intended because it really disrupts gameplay in my personal opinion. Especially if they're fabricating since half the time I can't continue a fabrication, which is probably also a bug.

Message 22 of 81 (3,136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue. The only bug I’ve noticed with this pack. My sims wake up out of a dead sleep for no reason, just to go downstairs and clap at the furniture.

Message 23 of 81 (3,096 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that I've also ran into this bug. I've done a game repair, removed all mods, and started a brand new save game and this still happens.

Message 24 of 81 (3,071 Views)

sleeping sims wake up autonomously to view an object they Like

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but Bust The Dust and the fitness fashion kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household, preferably with a lot of family members OR one vampire, make sure they're tired and make them sleep. Make the vampire hibernate in a coffin if you choose to use one, since nothing is supposed to wake them from hibernation. The sims I have seen the bug with all have decor-related Likes, aka modern furniture and whatnot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will randomly wake up and walk to a piece of furniture, decor item, or even a window (usually going outside to do the latter) and view it. The little green "Like" happy face shows up with an image of the object. This bug will wake up hibernating vampires as well. They will do this autonomously even with autonomy off, and only the "resetsim" command will stop them from completing the entire walk-and-view action because there is nothing in the queue to cancel.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not be waking up to express how much joy they have that a build&buy object happens to fit the kind of decor in their Likes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that added Likes and Dislikes is probably causing this bug. I don't remember it from before that patch and/or adding decor-related Likes to sims.

I first saw this earlier today on a lot with one adult and 7 teenagers, and randomly some of the teens would wake up in the middle of the night, walk around the entire outside of the house, and look at a window. Now my vampire SuperSim is doing it on her own lot, waking up out of hibernation to go Like her stove or her pencil holder or whatever. The only mods I've been running are Basemental's Eco Hacks and "Get Famous_NoReactInDisgust"; I disabled them to see if the bug still happens and it does.

Update / Workaround: I removed my vampire's Likes in the decor category and she's hibernated three nights without issue. So it appears to be a problem with sims having decor style Likes that match objects in their house.

Message 25 of 81 (3,006 Views)

Re: Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

★ Apprentice

Hello, I am having the same problem. My sims go to sleep and will suddenly wake up to go check ut the decor. There is no interaction to cancel, and I have to redirect them. They do have a newborn but several times the baby was fine, and they still woke up. 

Message 26 of 81 (2,957 Views)

Re: Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have had this occur in my game and I disagree with someone who replied that the object they're reacting to is in the same room every time. I've had my sim wake up in the middle of the night (sometimes an hour after sleeping, sometimes more) and go into a room to "like" a decor item, but it was definitely not in the same room. It's occurred on 2 different residential lots as well. The current house for my sim is 2 stories but nearly empty (a bed, a rocking chair in the living room downstairs) and she woke up at midnight an hour after falling asleep to react to the rocking chair.

Message 27 of 81 (2,858 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too, both sims at different times of night, every night. The male seems particularly obsessed with the dresser, and the female is obsessed with either the vanity or the coffee table. 

Message 28 of 81 (2,819 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's been happening in my game too since I downloaded the 'dream home decorator' pack. Sims will wake up (even though their energy level is on red) to go and admire a piece of furniture in the house - no action shows this but they will not follow any commands until they have gone to this piece of furniture and admired/disliked it. Also happens during the daytime as well - if I ask them to go to the toilet, they'll do half the action before going off to a piece of furniture and won't follow a command until they've done just that. Happens every night in gameplay and its becoming infuriating. Please solve this for the next update! 

Message 29 of 81 (2,781 Views)

Sim waking up in the middle of sleeping to go look at an item they like

★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game. Have any interior design likes, have something in said design in your home, and see if your sim will interupt sleep just to go and look, and «sniff the air» in front of it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have told my sim to sleep, them when the snergy bar is fare from full, my sim will get up, go into the bathroom or over to the desk chair, and they will «sniff the air» and have a «I like this» interaction. My sim do like the decor style of said objects.
What do you expect to see? For my sim to have uninterupted sleep, even if she enjoys the decor around her.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

hjg

Message 30 of 81 (2,745 Views)