Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a house with the décor the your sim like and then make them go to bed
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will sleep for like 10 game minutes, get up, walk to some random décor piece that they like, and then admire it
What do you expect to see? My sim sleep through the night or until rested
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded Dream Home Decorator

Here's a video showing what's happening

Here's another link to another video of the same thing happening

I'm honestly surprised I got this on video my first try, but she wakes up like every other night to look at her dining chair or her desk and It's kinda annoying

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 81 (11,962 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim wakes up to look at décor they like

Hero

Ever had such good looking décor that you can’t just sleep because you have to look at it? As much as we want your Sims to love their décor and their style, we thought it was a bit too much that they would not sleep and just look at it, so this should no longer happen.

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 81 of 81 (6,226 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@kathryn891 Could you upload the video to unlisted youtube and link ? The videos here are just too small.

Are you sure there's nothing else that wakes her up ? Music?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 81 (11,892 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m seeing this in game also, not every night but often. My Sim wakes up, then walks to her kitchen to get angry at a decorative tea pot. There isn’t even an action to cancel, just have to let them complain and send them back to bed. 

Message 3 of 81 (11,891 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I put the links in the post Standard smile 

but no she can't be waking up to music, I don't have any stereos on my lot, or animals, or anything that should wake her up . . . she just really loves her chairs and desk

Message 4 of 81 (11,858 Views)

Hero
@kathryn891 Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 81 (11,818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game as well. Young adult sims wake up at different times, with no cancelable actions. They go to a piece of furniture (male sim - dresser) (female sim - toilet decor) and admire it, receive either a positive or negative buff.

Message 6 of 81 (11,755 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Had this happen to me too, I think. My sim not only wakes up randomly to go look at her kitchen, but she's also cancelled things like watching tv and reading... There's no action in her queue when she does this either, so I can't stop her doing it.

Message 7 of 81 (11,716 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just wanted to add that the Sim needs to have the "Like" of the type of furniture that's in the room for this to happen. If they don't have any Decor Likes, this doesn't seem to happen at all.

Message 8 of 81 (11,682 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue, although I just discovered that if I’m up at 3:30am sleep isn’t the only thing it’ll interrupt. I just got interrupted off the robotics table to clap for a lamp. 

Message 9 of 81 (11,640 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimularitySims I get that however it still shouldn’t happen

Message 10 of 81 (11,601 Views)