[FIXED] Sim stuck at work/school (Patch 1.63.133/1.25)

by DJ_Strage

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim stuck at work (Patch 1.63.133/1.25)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I got it right away on a new save. I went to the Culinary rabbit-hole. Came back on time, but the icons didn't go away. So I started another new save, quit the job right away. The next morning, an hour before work started I got a warning work would start in an hour. All "find job" options were greyed out. A sim-day later I was able to use them again. I figured I'd be smart by getting a career that allowed me to work from home. When the day started everything was fine. The day didn't end at its normal time but rather the next workday, an hour before it started. And I wasn't given the salary. The next day same story. But like I said, the work day didn't finish until the next work day. Which in this case was three days later. Next I'll try freelancing I suppose. This bug really makes the game unplayable.

EDIT1: For now, Odd Jobs works. As does my Child's school and after-school activity. And Freelancing. I may carefully try a rabbithole job again.

Message 71 of 146 (1,439 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim stuck at work (Patch 1.63.133/1.25)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same thing here. My sim got promoted after an event at work. He got instantly home after that, even if he had still like an hour or so left at work. Now he is stuck with "at work" grayed out icon. "Leave early" does nothing, tried changing lot, made him travel (and had to fetch him back with another sim because there was no “bring sim to this lot” option on him) and restarted the game with no luck. Resetsim does nothing on him. I can control him like normal, but can’t focus on him by clicking his icon from bottom of screen.

I'll make an edit after I see if the problem goes away after he has gone to work again.

Here's my save file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_smsJ8eX6uk3mbNzkuFSmtwo9YVXivIe?usp=sharing

I have:

All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio and Luxury party

version

Message 72 of 146 (1,385 Views)

Re: Sim is stuck "at work" despite being home

★★ Apprentice

I tried "leaving early" which didn't work. Deleted mods and checked (nope) and brought them back after updating anything that had updates (nope). Only way I was able to get him from one lot to another and back home was to manually travel via the phone. But his icon still says he is at work.

I will at this point, have to reload my initial save file, and use cheats to get myself back to where I was before this happened.

Message 73 of 146 (1,383 Views)

Sims 4 Household Portraits Are Completely Ghosted Out

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you look at the bottom of the screen you'll find it in the household portraits section
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's household portrait is completely ghosted out when they're at home like they're not at home either at school or at work and making them unavailable with their inventory including no camera follow or camera take to
What do you expect to see? Sims should be fully available along with their inventories when they are home, cameras should take to & follow them amongst other things
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's been happening ever since the 6/10/20 patch

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 74 of 146 (1,399 Views)

Sim home from work/school but showing as grey

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, Island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry day stuff, fitness stuff, vintage glamour stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are greyed out like at work/school but still on lot, won't leave work early or reload when travelling Sims at school are showing as on holiday for multiple days in a row but still showing as at school, even when volunteering
What do you expect to see? Sims showing as at home and only at school or work when at school or work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I was playing my game, my sims son just got married n i moved their partner into the household, when i got back my game was acting weird (cant remember exactly what) but when i went to load it back up again it asked me to update, my sims have been showing as at work/school since this update. When I loaded my game back up after the update they were already at work/school (but still in the house and controllable)

some sims in my household show as at work and school, one sim who is at uni is going to classes and whatnot as normal and not getting stuck. They are in the house and i can control them, I just cant access their inventory or find then when i right click their icon
Sims in school are showing as on holiday everyday, i had tried fast forwarding 3 days in the game, travelling with different sims to different lots, creating a new save file and getting them to leave work early
Could try quitting the career but cant really quit school, removed all mods and CC. Tried everything multiple times and im losing my mind!

Seen a lot of similar issues but no clear fix, ive attached screenshots of this and the career bars, to show school ones and the career one, for career this goes all the way to happening now, then 24 hours. 

Message 75 of 146 (1,374 Views)

Re: Sim home from work/school but showing as grey

Hero
@lizxrdquxxn Merged your thread with the current master thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 146 (1,319 Views)

My Sim is perpetually "at work"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

My Sim keeps being perpetually "at work." I can never make her "come home." So, I can't ever access her inventory, and I can't ask Sims out on dates, and she never has to "go to work" again, because it keeps thinking she's already at work.

I had been able to "defeat" the glitch once, by having her accept a date during Valentine's. I don't remember all the details, as this was several weeks ago, but I think it was when the date or the holiday completed successfully, then her status switched away from "at work," and I could access her inventory again.

But then, the glitch came back:

Here's how I reproduced the glitch. While she was at work, I pressed "M" for map mode. And I had her travel to a spa. (But I don't think the property type is relevant.) Her status remained "at work," and her inventory was inaccessible. First of all, I was spooked out the game let me do that. Second of all, when her work hours finished (around 5 or 6 PM), her status remained "at work," and I still couldn't access her inventory.

I ended up saving her household, and placing her into a new world, with the hope that she won't be "at work" again. It sorta worked, in that she starts out at home, not "at work," and I can access her inventory — yay!

However.... Now, she goes to work, and the glitch comes back!?!! Her status remains "at work." And I can't access her inventory again!

Since I saved the game before she went to work, then I have the Game Save file here for you to try it out, and see what I mean! There are no mods in this save file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zohn_-xKF6SD6bw0jza0jfKxTxxS3H_5/view?usp=sharing

(Edit: the glitchy household is O'Keefe)

Please help.

EDIT: I TRIED the troubleshooting method here of backing up the Sims 4 folder, starting a fresh Sims game (it asked me to do the tutorial, I had to create a new Sim, blah, blah, etc.) and saving the fresh game, exiting The Sims, and then adding in only my .save file to the new Sims 4 saves folder. (Actually I added in the .save.ver0, .save.ver1 and .save.ver2 as well.) Literally everything is fresh in the game except only those save files. So, I was able to load it when I entered the game (it welcomed me to all the "new" packs, etc.), and I entered the glitchy household O'Keefe.

I had her go to work. She returned home — again — still "at work," with an inaccessible inventory. Please help. 

Expansion/Game Packs:

- Island Living

- Seasons

- Spa Day

- Jungle Adventure

- Outdoor Retreat

- Laundry Day Stuff (not in-use)

- Fitness Stuff

- Romantic Garden Stuff (not in-use)

- Cool Kitchen Stuff

- Perfect Patio Stuff

Message 77 of 146 (1,353 Views)

Sims 4 Teen sim stuck at school but are home and cannot play them

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pets Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The playable character is greyed out.
What happens when the bug occurs? The character is at the home lot, but several functions are disabled because they are stuck at school.
What do you expect to see? Sim should come and go to school.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have tried everything except deleting the sim. The teen is stuck at school, but still at home. Several functions are not enabled because the game recognizes that the teen is at school. I cannot age them up, I cannot reset (debug) them, I tried repairing the game, but nothing has worked. The final step is to delete the sim and the add it back to the household. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to try.

Message 78 of 146 (1,356 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Teen sim stuck at school but are home and cannot play them

★ Guide
@mmcgee87 I had the same problem with my adult sim being stuck at work a few months ago. I've got a list here of suggestions of what you can do to fix it.
- Exit the household and go back in (I find this one worked for me)
- Wait for your sim to go back to school
- Start a club gathering with the sim in it
- Travel with the sim
- Edit the sim in CAS
Message 79 of 146 (1,307 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Teen sim stuck at school but are home and cannot play them

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mmcgee87 Merge this with the current master thread.

If none of the above suggestions work, try aging them down/up with cas.fulleditmode (go to CAS with the cheat and change age), then place them in the game and they should be unstuck. After that, put them back to their normal age.

@sketchur  Also merged your thread. Does the leave early method not work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 146 (1,280 Views)