Re: Sim can’t work

by A937113

Original Post

Sim is not going to work and the sim icon on the panel is greyed out as if away

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? N/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim can't go to work, and misses the shift
What do you expect to see? Sim soing to work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 111 of 146 (1,301 Views)

Sim went into labour at work, game thinks she's still there

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.66. 139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spooky Stuff and Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pregnant sim go into labour while at work
What happens when the bug occurs? Pregnant sim comes home but her icon at the bottom of the screen says she is still at work forever
What do you expect to see? Pregnant sim stays at work or comes home and game acknowledges she is home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My pregnant sim went into labour while at work, came home, but it's still coming up as if she is at work. Tried telling her to leave early and that did not work. Also tried to reset the sim, travel, enter CAS, exited the game, nothing has worked. I can still control the sim around the house, but can't access her inventory or centre on her. Appreciate any help! 

Message 112 of 146 (1,256 Views)

Re: Sim went into labour at work, game thinks she's still there

Hero
@durango1906 Try quitting the job and re-enter

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 113 of 146 (1,242 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this issue on console for awhile now but, only seems to be when playing the Entertainment career and it occurse from being promoted at the starting of the shift. I've only tried a few other careers but, havn'y had struggles with them. sometimes waiting it out works but, mostly have to quit the job then rejoin but, then it happens again from promotion from c-lister

Message 114 of 146 (1,212 Views)

★ Guide

I had this problem again today and it seems to get worse. I couldn't resolve it by moving the Sim out and back in or any other solution.

The ONLY thing that worked was quitting the job. Really annoying.

Message 115 of 146 (1,201 Views)

Re: Sim Stuck at Home, But Appear like he's at work.

★★★ Newbie

What is the cheat?

Message 116 of 146 (1,153 Views)

Sims come home early from work/school but still have grayed out icons

★★ Novice

I've seen topics of people whose sims are stuck in grayed out for some reason, and ones where sims are stuck at work/school but my sims keep coming home from work/school hours early and yet their icons remain grayed out with the work icon over them. I'm able to control them in the home but I can't access their inventory, and I have to care for them during hours I normally wouldn't have to. Their work/school performance still rises/falls during this time as though they are at work or school.

3847FD21-D603-418F-A8C8-EEF646486A22.jpeg

Message 117 of 146 (1,141 Views)

Re: Sims come home early from work/school but still have grayed out icons

Hero
@Srothwell1 Try if you can leave work early

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 146 (1,117 Views)

Sim stuck at being at work when not

★ Novice

I have recently got the get famous sims expansion. One of my sims was at work and got the option to jump to top of career which i did, since then it constantly says at work even when in the home. I can play as that sim but cannot access inventory, any ideas how to fix?

Message 119 of 146 (1,098 Views)

One Star Famos from Encore, then it all go's wrong!

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? Current plus most of the expansions
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? When my Music sims get one star famous they end up being at work when they are right there in the home. This locks out the inventory and I am unable to send the sim to work. This has happens with my created sims and NPC that have joined the house hold. I have tried the repair tool twice. deleted then downloaded the game then hit repair again. this still happens.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My characters Jack Koto, now Johnny Zest has that problem. Its when I make at least on star on the famous scale.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim is always at work but not. Inventory becomes unavailable
What do you expect to see? anytime one of my sims makes the one star at work from the encore stays in work mode even when home.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous

Diamathius is my log in name. for this game.   No matter the game even after several reair tries un installing the game, deleted simms and trying again this keep happening

Message 120 of 146 (1,111 Views)