Re: Sim “stuck” at work whilst at home (2020)

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Guide
@crinrict When I think abou it again, I think that my Sim stuck at class first and then at work.
Message 51 of 146 (1,802 Views)

Hero
@koba_sue Do you have one or more sims in your household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 146 (1,799 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Guys, on crinrict's suggestion, i fixed this by leaving my job, then next time i went at work i didn't get the bug, so far looks like that's the only solution.. 😔
Message 53 of 146 (1,830 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Currently four Sims. But when the bug occurred only one Sim.
Message 54 of 146 (1,824 Views)

Hero
@koba_sue OK. Thanks.

I made a little overview with all the causes for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sim-appearing-grayed-out-Stuck-at-work-class/m-p...

If you're not sure what caused it, this thread is fine

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 146 (1,822 Views)

Re: Stuck in "at work" status

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict  When my sim still had a job the double person icon would be in the corner when not at work to be able to choose my sims working cadence or to leave early and my portrait would be grayed out. When she would would quit, her portrait wouldn't be grayed out anymore but the icon would still be there when not working. Doing my eviction/household shuffle got rid of the icon and seemed to reset the bugged out status completely. It did NOT work and did nothing to help when she was still employed.

I haven't had a recurrence since my first time doing my quit/household shuffle combo.

As for the original cause, I got a notification of some event going on downtown or was invited. So I queued up going there while at work. I never stopped at home after work and just went straight there which was unexpected. Then the glitch started when I got back.

Message 56 of 146 (1,822 Views)

Re: Stuck in "at work" status

Hero
@skyfalcon1209 One of the rabbithole events or one you actually go to ? Merging your thread with the current stuck at work one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 146 (1,805 Views)

Re: Stuck at work bug

★★★★★ Novice

Neither Leaving Early or Quitting works and yes this is still happening - just happened to a Sim on his first day of work after graduating University two days ago

Message 58 of 146 (1,817 Views)

Hero
@pigletray73 There's many individual issues that can cause it.

Are you also still getting the 134 error ? Not this.

I made a master thread with explanations here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sim-appearing-grayed-out-Stuck-at-work-class/m-p...

Check the links which one fits yours best. If you don't know, use this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-stuck-at-work-Patch-1-66-133/m-p/9169565

If you're still getting 134, try repairing your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 146 (1,799 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not still getting 134, just a member of the household who becomes unplayable - even if I restart and reload the game

Message 60 of 146 (1,787 Views)