Re: Sim Stuck at Home, But Appear like he's at work.

by DJ_Strage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim stuck at work/school (Patch 1.63.133/1.25)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons City Life Cats and Dogs Let's get together New Stars Let's Dine Out Bowling Night Stuff Babies Stuff Romantic Gardens Vampires Vintage Glamour Parents Life Fitness Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I Don't know, my Sim returned from Work and it's happened, now i can't fix it.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim is at Home Playable, but its Icon shows him like he's at Work (Grey Icon) and his inventory is also grey, can't open it because it tells me ;"You can't open inventory because your Sim isn't here".
What do you expect to see? I Expect to see my Sim normally, without the Grey Icon like he's at work and its Inventory should also work..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Bug Occurred for the first time today, after 1 Hour of Playing on the new Patch 1.25, it was working perfectly before this.. Patches should actually FIX, NOT BREAK THE GAME, I'm actually very disappointed.

As you can see in the picture, he's at Home, but the Icon is grey like he's at work (Just like the other female Sim next to him, but she's at work for real) 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 146 (8,144 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sim stuck at work/school (Patch 1.63.133/1.25)

Hero

Did your Sim want to Leave Work Early, but couldn’t? We all have been there sometimes, now your Sims can do so though!

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

The patch notes are a bit odd but according to the Laundry List this issue is considered fixed.

Remember though that this is only a symptom of a bug. There's still several open scenarios for this where I don't know if they are fixed or not

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-Icon-greyed-out-no-at-work-symbol/td-p/9207...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-GT-Stuck-at-class-after-going-to-class-while-at...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-On-Active-Lot-but-Greyed-Out-On-Sim-List/t...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-Sim-can-t-go-home-from-active-career-lot-stuck...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sim-stuck-at-Class-Multiple-Sims-household-at-U...

For more information about this, see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sim-appearing-grayed-out-Stuck-at-work-class/m-p...

If none of the scenarios apply to your issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 146 of 146 (5,391 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

This happens to me occasionally. I just let them stay "at work" the whole day or longer depending on how long I don't need them to go anywhere. and have them do chores or whatever around the house. It's great skill building time. Then I tell them to come home when I want them to be able to leave the lot. 

Message 2 of 146 (8,061 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Reekyteek Yh but my Sim is a Vampire, i need the Inventory for Drink Plasma/Blood bags or he dies, don't wanna always feed on other sims.. Plus i need inventory in general, honestly this is the worst bug i ever seen, i tried everything : Traveling, Build, Close Game, Restart it, transfer sim into another family but nothing works.. It's so Crap!! 😠 it was working all well till yesterday, then New Patch Arrives, boom game broke, jesus...
Message 3 of 146 (8,058 Views)

Hero
@DJ_Strage Does leave early work to get him out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 146 (8,041 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No it doesn't works, i tried it already.. Don't know what to do, the only thing that works is leaving work, but I'd rather prefer to don't do that since I'm at Career Level 10
Message 5 of 146 (8,037 Views)

Hero
@DJ_Strage It's basically a symptom of an issue. Something went wrong when your Sim came home and he didn't fully come home. There's lots of reasons that can be cause but there haven't been any current open ones (only for uni classes).

As you are on console, I can't check your save unfortunately.

Did anything unusual happen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 146 (8,033 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, my Sim got promoted at Career 10, then he was at home with this bug.. It's pretty frustrating, i will try tomorrow to play again, will try to wait till he has to work again, maybe if he goes at work, then once he finishes he could return normal
Message 7 of 146 (8,026 Views)

Hero
@DJ_Strage That has also worked in the past.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 146 (7,989 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok tomorrow i let you guys know if it's gonna fix it, i hope so 😓
Message 9 of 146 (7,984 Views)

[PC] Travelling to a lot while go to work is cued bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover Uni, island living, get to work, get together, get famous, seasons, city living, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, spa day, moschino, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, romantic garden, cool kitchen and luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim was bowling. While bowling, she had to go to work. I wasn't able to cancel the bowling action and I didn't want her to be late so I scrolled out until the travel option was available. From there I went to my home lot and she "went to work" however she is still visible and able to interact with things, however I can't open her inventory because she's considered to be at work. I also had a friend hangout occur. When I travelled to a different lot again, it told me I had finished work even though it was before work was finished.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is controllable and can increase skill etc but inventory is unavailable as if she is at work.
What do you expect to see? I expected my sim to travel to work where she was uncontrollable (actions added to queue instead of actually being done). Either that or my sim was available but not considered to be at work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure what else to add.

Message 10 of 146 (7,950 Views)