[FIXED] Sim resetting when queueing livestream (no HSY Pack)

by Only1OfMe333

Original Post

Re: sim resetting when queueing livestream

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem via the Social Media career.  I have a Last Exception, attached.

I hope this helps.

Message 61 of 89 (1,670 Views)

Re: sim resetting when queueing livestream

★★★ Novice

Same bug. Happens in all computers. Cant work from home in the social media career

Message 62 of 89 (1,632 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim resetting when queueing livestream (no HSY Pack)

★★ Apprentice
@Only1OfMe333 hello, seems this issue has not been fixed even with today's patch. Is there a way to submit a ticket to Maxis?
Message 63 of 89 (1,539 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. Idk if it makes a difference but I'm on the Xbox edition of the game.

Message 64 of 89 (1,488 Views)

The Sims 4 Livestream in-game issue!

★★★ Newbie

The Sims 4 Livestream issue.

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

Game Version:1.91.205.1020

Every time I try and get my sim to do a livestream the action queue completely cancels everything, and my sim just pops out of the chair and stands by the PC not doing anything.

No matter what game I try to play on the pc it's the same for every live stream category. Do I have to be at a certain level in order for it to work? Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue is?

Message 65 of 89 (1,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had a look at this, and I think I know what is going on. Judging by the errors associated with it, it seems to be complaining about career icon overrides for the streaming interactions. Taking the computer_StreamLetsPlay_Blicblock interaction as an example, it has the following code:

Spoiler
<V n="_icon" t="career_icon_override">
    <U n="career_icon_override">
        <T n="career_reference">273911<!--career_Teen_StreamerSideHustle--></T>
        <L n="participant_type">
            <E>Actor</E>
        </L>
    </U>
</V>

The <V n="_icon" t="career_icon_override"> referenced there, if you go by the TDESC, is the icon to be displayed in the interaction queue. Because it's referencing a career from the High school years pack (career_Teen_StreamerSideHustle) , this value is returning NoneType because it cannot retrieve it from a pack that is not installed, hence you get the "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'guid64'" error. Even though the career_reference tunable itself is pack safe (meaning it won't throw UnavailablePackSafeResourceErrors), the game ends up not knowing what icon to use in the interaction queue when the pack isn't installed because it simply can't handle values of NoneType very well.

A way to fix this could be to just replace the "career_icon_override" with "Participant", see example code below (this example would just use the icon of the computer being used):

Spoiler
<V n="_icon" t="participant">
    <U n="participant">
        <L n="participant_type">
            <E>Object</E>
        </L>
    </U>
</V>

Unfortunately, I have no way of testing this myself as I have the HSY pack, but based on the errors I've seen it seems to be the most logical explanation.

Message 66 of 89 (1,396 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Livestream in-game issue!

Hero
@Budzy308 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 89 (1,368 Views)

Livestreaming not working

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City living Outdoor retreet, Spa day, Dine out, Parenthood Perfect patio, Cool kitchen, Movie hangout, Romantic garden, Child room, Sunny garden, Classic glamour, Todler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell a sim in the social media career to livestream.
What happens when the bug occurs? Chosen sim T-poses and all their actions get canceled.
What do you expect to see? My sim continueing their action and livestreamin getting added to the action list.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have additional information.

Message 68 of 89 (1,346 Views)

Re: Livestreaming not working

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m also having this problem does anyone know if there a way to fix it

Message 69 of 89 (1,274 Views)

Re: Livestreaming not working

Hero
@evan123221 If you own City Living you can use the game console to stream instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 89 (1,263 Views)