Re: sim resetting when queueing livestream

by Nakatho

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim resetting when queueing livestream (no HSY Pack)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but kits and journey to batu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to livestream in Tech Guru career
What happens when the bug occurs? queueing "livestream" for any game completely resets the selected sim
What do you expect to see? the sim livestreaming
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim just graduated from university with honors and was able to join the tech guru career at level 7 (internet personality branch) from the get-go. i was excited for the ability to start live streaming at attempted right away. but every time I try, she resets to standing by the chair with no actions in her queue. doesn't matter what game, every form of livestream resets her. i tried saving an exiting. i tried sitting her down in the chair first. i tried resetting her through testingcheats. nothing is working. any help at all is appreciated.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 89 (15,730 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: social media career live stream

Hero

Live Streaming as a Tech Guru should no longer reset your Sim

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 89 of 89 (1,832 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Only1OfMe333 Do you get any lastexception files with this ? It's a file in your user folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 89 (15,707 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I do not, no.

Message 3 of 89 (15,698 Views)

sims 4 gameplay glitch after update.

★★★★ Novice

Hi! I need some help figuring out why my sim in gameplay isn't able to perform the action "Stream lets play..." in the "Play Game" options on the computer. My sim is able to play any other action on the computer, but that one, otherwise it erases a different action and glitches out my sim. I tried restarting and repairing after updating the game. I'm not entirely sure what to do next. Thanks!

Message 4 of 89 (15,555 Views)

Re: sims 4 gameplay glitch after update.

Champion (Retired)

@fiersta 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 89 (15,513 Views)

Hero
@Only1OfMe333 To be sure, you're using the computer to live stream and not the Video station from GF (not even sure if that's an option there atm)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 89 (15,652 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims™ 4 Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create new sim 2. Take the job "Tech Guru" 3. Get promoted and pick eSports Competitor 4. Click on a Computer 5. Select "Play Game..." 6. Select "Livestream..." 7. Select "Livestream"
What happens when the bug occurs? What happens when the bug occurs? Sim just leaves the computer and stands up from the chair immediately when selecting "Livestream"
What do you expect to see? Sim should start livestreaming on the computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This worked on patch 131 (1.89.214.1030) on the 25.07.2022. After patch 132 (1.90.358.1030) this stopped working.

I have the exact same problem. Sim just leaves the computer and stands up from the chair immediately when selecting "Livestream"

Message 7 of 89 (15,628 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, I'm having my sim use the computer.
Message 8 of 89 (15,612 Views)

Hero
@Only1OfMe333 I can't duplicate this but since I have early access to HSY that doesn't mean too much

Does it matter which computer you use ? Did you try a different house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 89 (15,605 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict She has the most expensive laptop. However, her household was affected by the long-lifespan age-up glitch and I've had to abandon the save until a patch arrives. I'm currently creating a new save. It may be a couple of irl days until I get her through university, though. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
Message 10 of 89 (15,596 Views)