[FIXED] Sim reset on several interactions (food, homework, reading, sketchpad)

by Yaxmin28

Original Post

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad Reset/Leave on floor

★★★★ Pro

Oups, I have already bulldozed the house ... will test with my uploaded save later!

Message 11 of 154 (2,998 Views)

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad Reset/Leave on floor

Hero

Moving this to the tech forum as it does seem to have to do with some kind of corruption.

Just FYI @alanmichael1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 154 (2,982 Views)

Re: Sim unable to eat what they cook/grill in their own home.

★★★★★ Novice
I have just started getting this bug - any suggestions?
Message 13 of 154 (2,965 Views)

Hero
Do you have mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 154 (2,960 Views)

Sim reseting and unable to accomplish actions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1012
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat and most of the stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to do anything, your Sim will most likely be unable to do any action, then seemingly reset, and the objet they had in their hands will lay on the ground.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim cannot proceed through a whole action. They look like they reset, and then will not do any action requiering to pick something up (and most actions otherwise, like going to the toilet).
What do you expect to see? Per example, a Sim gets food from the fridge, reset, the food lays on the ground and the Sim will do so again and again if you try to eat the food on the ground or go and get new food from the fridge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 2018-11-14 patch.

It makes gameplay completely impossible. Just appeared as I was trying the new terrain tool. 

Message 15 of 154 (2,992 Views)

Sim won't perform actions

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Get Famous.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While playing that specific child.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you try to perform any action, it either cancels the action after trying or doesn't do it at all (as in not appearing in the action bar). However, it just did make a phone call to school to skip a day - but further than that it can't do much else.
What do you expect to see? That my child starts performing actions again such as not ignoring tasks like making homework, eating food etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened a little bit after the newest patch with the new features. I didnt make any change myself.

Hi there,

so my Sims won't perform any action at all - well, only my child Sims so far. He doesn't listen to actions like making homework, eating food, playing in the closet - nothing - besides the fact that he somehow made a phone call to school to skip a day (which worked) but nothing else so far does.

I tried repairing the game, tried deleting some folders (but scared I might delete my save files or something, not much), got no mods/CCs, tried moving them back in and out, tried resetting the sim several times, tried going into a loading screen, restarted PC, restarted game but nothing works.

Hope there's a simple solution to this other than making another child or something.

Greetings.

Message 16 of 154 (3,014 Views)

Re: Sim reseting and unable to accomplish actions

Hero

Hi @Charlie_1013

Looks like your using an incompatible mod. You need to makes sure your mods are always up-to-date with the current patch level or they can break your game

Here's a list of broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 154 (2,963 Views)

Re: Sim won't perform actions

Hero

Hi @TsumikiWoW

try moving the entire family out and back in. If that doesn't help, test if it works in a different house.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 154 (2,966 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No, no mods.
I have all packs and this only begun after I installed the game on a newer PC and loaded an old save
Message 19 of 154 (2,943 Views)

Re: Sim reseting and unable to accomplish actions

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer, but as I mentionned in my original post, I’ve disabled any mod I had on and uninstalled them as soon as I noticed the issue, so I doubt they are the one at fault here.

Have a nice day!

Message 20 of 154 (2,695 Views)