Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Get Famous My sim won't eat

Hero
Glad to hear.

Hopefully it stays that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 154 (1,632 Views)

Sims Cannot Eat

★★★ Newbie

I have every expansion pack and game pack and stuff pack for the Sims 4 along with some bonus content and such. I never have added mods or custom content to my game, so this is a report for a completely vanilla game!

I waited to play the Sims between the update and Get Famous, so I do not know if this issue is directly related to the update or to the expansion. 

My sims can make food just fine and the following issue occurs after the completed meal is place on a counter top/table/surface and affects all sims in my household that attempt.

My sim will try to pick up a serving from a large meal and their body will so the same "arms out" motion it does when using the "resetsim First Last" cheat. The serving of food will end up on the ground next to them. When they try to pick up a single serving, they will just reset and the serving will remain unmoved.

What I Have Tried:

I have tried closing the game and opening again. I have tried repairing my game. I have tried restarting my computer and repairing again. None of these have worked.

Please help! I'd love to get to actually play the fullness of the expansion pack.

Message 52 of 154 (1,617 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Get Famous My sim won't eat

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict ikr! I hope so thanks for  your help. Standard smile

Message 53 of 154 (1,623 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Get Famous Vault Causing sims to cancel interactions

★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue with Sims not being able to eat (food ended up on the floor), drink, read, paint on digital sketchpad, or use inventory items. Clearing game cache and using the repair tool in Origin seemed to work at first, but the problem came back.

I've noticed a pool was mentioned here, so I tried removing my swimming pool, and the problem was gone. Moving it elsewhere or making it smaller (so pool edge doesn't touch the house) also fixed that problem. 

In my case, swimming pool turned out to be the culprit. Thanks for the hint, @crinrict!

This issue occurred to me when I moved my family to a pre-built house in Windenburg after the latest update.

BTW, I play without mods/CC, do not own GF, and didn't use the new terrain tool or moo when creating the pool.

Message 54 of 154 (1,616 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Get Famous Vault Causing sims to cancel interactions

Hero
Could you link me to your house anyways ? Would be good to have as much data for this one as possible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 154 (1,608 Views)

Re: Sims Cannot Eat

@WolfieBecca this sadly is a known bug, so I've merged your post with the bug report about it. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 56 of 154 (1,603 Views)

Sims t posing while picking up plate of food

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can find this bug by Grilling, cooking on the stove, Microwaving and simply getting a snack from the inventory or fridge.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug occurs, once a sim is prompted to grab from a plate and the sim drops it on the ground by T pose reset.
What do you expect to see? The bug occurs, once a sim is prompted to grab from a plate and the sim drops it on the ground by T pose reset.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Once I updated the patch everything seems fine but once I installed get famous that's when the bug occurred. I removed my install mods, repair my game, and I remove anything necessary to get this game to properly work.

All T posing videos  

Message 57 of 154 (1,621 Views)

Re: Sims t posing while picking up plate of food

★ Guide

go into build mode, put an object in family inventory then place it back - go back to live mode and the problem should be fixed

Message 58 of 154 (1,605 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tired it and it didn't work. 

Message 59 of 154 (1,599 Views)

★★★ Novice
I’ve also been having this bug lately too! Except I play sims on my Mac not a PC...I can’t figure out how to get rid of it either
Message 60 of 154 (1,597 Views)