[FIXED] Sim reset on several interactions (food, homework, reading, sketchpad)

by Yaxmin28

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim reset on several interactions (food, homework, reading, sketchpad)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using the Digitalistic Sketchpad
What happens when the bug occurs? Doesnt work properly
What do you expect to see? My sims try to use the new Digitalistic Sketchpad and drops it on the floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 13, 2018 Patch

I have been trying to use the new Digitalistic Sketchpad with different sims. The first sim used the sketchpad and immediately drop it on the floor. After a few attempts the sims use it successfully but then drops it on the floor and sometimes goes to her inventory. The second sim on another household started using it and failed every time. He picks it up and immediately drops the tablet.

Message 1 of 154 (9,593 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim reset on several interactions (food, homework, reading, sketchpad

Hero
I tested this on a few lots that had the issue with the new patch and they all seemed fine now.

SImGuruModSquad also says this is supposed to be fixed: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16880150/#Comment_16880150

Going to mark this as such.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 154 of 154 (7,817 Views)

All Replies

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad Reset/Leave on floor

[ Edited ]
Hero

Current Status

• Seems to only affect certain buildings
  • Popular interactions that cause resets: Digitalistic Sketchpad and Eating food
  • Placing the house in a different save also causes issues.
  • Mods can also cause resets. Please remove those and delete your cache files before reporting to make sure it's not a mod.
  • It looks like it's related to certain pools. Pools that have stairs directly along the pool seem to be mostly affected but I've seen other examples
  • This bug escalates, starting with the sketchpad, then eating, reading and more interactions.

Needed

• Houses that cause the issue. Please upload them to the gallery and post a link/name/origin name here

--------------- Original Post --------------

works fine for me.

Did you remove all your mods and also delete your cache files ?

Do you have any lastexception files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 154 (9,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I also don't get the Sketchpad to work. When I lay it on the table and give the command to draw a painting, the fee for the painting is deducted but my sim drops the action. They never touch the pad. They don't throw it on the floor however (but they do this with food since the patch).

Edit: This evening my game is exploding with giant Last Exception Files. Clearing the cache and repair game didn't help so far.

Message 3 of 154 (9,525 Views)

Hero

Could you attach them ?

Best to delete everything, then use the interaction and let a new file generate to make sure they're related to this error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 154 (9,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hi Crinrict,

I created a new household and this time it worked fine. I think I must face the fact that the patch corrupted my (vanilla) save completely. And my toddler just had finished all skills to level 5 .... Devil

Here is one of the LEFs:

Spoiler
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>d5f54df10e8f16755beb3aae</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-11-13 22:34:25</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.47.49.1020-1.200.000.373.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>posture_graph.py:4094</categoryid><desyncid>d5f54df10e8f16755beb3aae</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TODO: Exception thrown during Sim reset, possibly we should be kicking the Sim out of the game. (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\commands.py", line 369, in invoke_command&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server_commands\interaction_commands.py", line 788, in select_choice&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server\client.py", line 265, in select_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\base_object.py", line 266, in reset&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 301, in trigger_reset&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 419, in start_processing&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 443, in _process&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 553, in _process_one_record&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server\client.py", line 257, in select_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\choices.py", line 258, in select&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 236, in test_and_execute&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 224, in execute&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 212, in execute_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 1331, in append&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 119, in __exit__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 878, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 962, in _get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 339, in get_next_unblocked_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2416, in get_sims_with_invalid_paths&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2380, in _generate_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1457, in compute_transition_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1504, in run_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3361, in _build_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3152, in _build_and_log_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3214, in _build_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2692, in get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2870, in _get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5718, in generate_connectivity_handles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5531, in _get_segmented_path_connectivity_handles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 545, in generate_right_paths&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4139, in _right_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 679, in _shortest_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in shortest_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in &lt;listcomp&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 281, in __missing__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4094, in heuristic_fn_right&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 3778, in _get_destination_locations_for_estimate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\pools\pool_seat.py", line 279, in _cache_and_return_position_and_routing_surface_for_posture&#13;&#10;ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 1563, in on_reset_internal_state&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 1433, in on_reset&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 112, in __enter__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 865, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 947, in get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 962, in _get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 339, in get_next_unblocked_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2416, in get_sims_with_invalid_paths&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2380, in _generate_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1457, in compute_transition_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1504, in run_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3361, in _build_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3152, in _build_and_log_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3214, in _build_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2692, in get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2870, in _get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5718, in generate_connectivity_handles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5531, in _get_segmented_path_connectivity_handles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 545, in generate_right_paths&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4139, in _right_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 679, in _shortest_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in shortest_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in &lt;listcomp&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 281, in __missing__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4094, in heuristic_fn_right&#13;&#10;TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>d5f54df10e8f16755beb3aae</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-11-13 22:34:25</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.47.49.1020-1.200.000.373.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>posture_graph.py:4094</categoryid><desyncid>d5f54df10e8f16755beb3aae</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[sscholl] Exception processing ResetRecord:&lt;, reason:ResetReason.RESET_ON_ERROR, stage:_Stage.INTERNAL_STATE_RESET, being_processed:True, source:None, cause:Exception while selecting interaction from the pie menu.. This will result in a partially reset object (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\commands.py", line 369, in invoke_command&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server_commands\interaction_commands.py", line 788, in select_choice&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server\client.py", line 265, in select_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\base_object.py", line 266, in reset&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 301, in trigger_reset&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 419, in start_processing&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 443, in _process&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server\client.py", line 257, in select_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\choices.py", line 258, in select&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 236, in test_and_execute&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 224, in execute&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 212, in execute_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 1331, in append&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 119, in __exit__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 878, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 962, in _get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 339, in get_next_unblocked_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2416, in get_sims_with_invalid_paths&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2380, in _generate_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1457, in compute_transition_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1504, in run_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3361, in _build_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3152, in _build_and_log_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3214, in _build_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2692, in get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2870, in _get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5718, in generate_connectivity_handles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5531, in _get_segmented_path_connectivity_handles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 545, in generate_right_paths&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4139, in _right_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 679, in _shortest_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in shortest_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in &lt;listcomp&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 281, in __missing__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4094, in heuristic_fn_right&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 3778, in _get_destination_locations_for_estimate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\pools\pool_seat.py", line 279, in _cache_and_return_position_and_routing_surface_for_posture&#13;&#10;ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\reset_and_delete_service.py", line 553, in _process_one_record&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 1563, in on_reset_internal_state&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 1433, in on_reset&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 112, in __enter__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 865, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 947, in get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 962, in _get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 339, in get_next_unblocked_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2416, in get_sims_with_invalid_paths&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2380, in _generate_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1457, in compute_transition_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1504, in run_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3361, in _build_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3152, in _build_and_log_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3214, in _build_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2692, in get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2870, in _get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5718, in generate_connectivity_handles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 5531, in _get_segmented_path_connectivity_handles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 545, in generate_right_paths&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4139, in _right_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 679, in _shortest_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in shortest_path_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\algos.py", line 121, in &lt;listcomp&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 281, in __missing__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4094, in heuristic_fn_right&#13;&#10;TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
Message 5 of 154 (9,512 Views)

Hero

@alanmichael1

would you share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 154 (9,503 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Of course, it's the household "My Family" in the rural district of Windenburg.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avee1jaZTadH0jInWRmh8AA5Alws

Message 7 of 154 (9,495 Views)

Hero

@alanmichael1

I checked your save and that household is wonky for the pad that's for sure. I tried moving them to a different house and there it worked fine so a bit unsure what's going on.

Have you tried it with other families ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 154 (9,444 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Thank you for testing my save, it was corrupted after the patch. It looks like moving the family to a new house fixes indeed everything.

I had these issues after the patch:

- Sketchpad not working

- Sims not able to eat, dropped plates on the floor

- When interviewing people in the style career, Sims had no notice paper in his hand.

Repair game and deleting cache didn't help, a new house is the solution.

Message 9 of 154 (9,393 Views)

Hero
What happens if you put a different family in that house ? I didn't test that.

@alanmichael1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 154 (7,935 Views)