by YorksRob

Original Post

Re: Sims take unusually long time to cancel writing a song

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too

Message 31 of 49 (543 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The only way i can get mine to cancel is to cancel the action then AFTERWARDS add a new interaction

Message 32 of 49 (541 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, that seems to work fine for me. Click to cancel writing then click to do something like eat or talk to another sim.

Message 33 of 49 (529 Views)

Re: Sim plays piano until passing out

Champion (Retired)

Just happened today - could not cancel Violin / Write Song action. None of the above (unless I missed it) worked. Had to go into build mode and place object near Sim to snap away from instrument. Not a solution but a temporary work around. -EQ :womanfrustrated:

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 34 of 49 (483 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

me too

Message 35 of 49 (482 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue with the guitar as well as the piano. On top of this my sim gets stuck performing on the guitar when I take her to a public lot and I cant cancel the action. This only happens after the sim is high enough level to write songs on the guitar, before that I could perform on public lots just fine without it getting stuck to perform forever. 

Message 36 of 49 (470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just recently bought the game and experienced the same issue. My sim refused to stop song writing with his violin, and he had all manner of problems churn up. In fact, I tried to get him to take a shower, but he wouldn't stop. I tried to cancel the writing and violin, but while they had the X, he did not stop. Noticing his bladder going into the deep red, I told him to go to the toilet. That's what got him to stop. I've since used this trick to get him to stop at other times when he is not having a bladder problem, and the workaround has been successful.

Message 37 of 49 (451 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is one of several bugs fixed in a mod I wrote:  Violin and Guitar Bugfixes

Despite the mod title, it also updates some stuff for pianos as well.  See the thread for the full list of bugs fixed.

Message 38 of 49 (439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

4 months later and this buy still isn't resolved, are you serious?

Message 39 of 49 (429 Views)

★ Apprentice

This bug is still happening. I noticed that cancelling the action, adding another action and then adding resume writing song is the best way to break the cycle for me. The second song writing, still in the queue, can then be cancelled and you can go about your normal business, but it is annoying, especially when it happens the first time and you can't figure out how to stop it.

Message 40 of 49 (399 Views)