[FIXED] Sim married to unknown stranger/Multiple Sims married

by Dzhabaeva

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim married to unknown stranger/Multiple Sims married

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sims already married, but they may enter into a second marriage, while not breaking the first. For example, Bella Goth was married to Mortimer Goth, but she also was married to another NPS man. I have no idea why I have this bug and how to fix it, because I don't have any mods. Also my playing sims are already married to each other, but at that time they have a wish "get married".

Message 1 of 49 (3,020 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim married to unknown stranger/Multiple Sims married

Hero

This bug has now been fixed in Patch 1.19.31

The existing borked relationships will not be auto-fixed.

Use the methods described here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/sim-is-suddenly-married-to-an-unknown-sim/ to fix your trees.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 42 of 49 (6,371 Views)

All Replies

Re: Problem with marriage

Hero

Hi @Dzhabaeva

does that show in your family tree or where you able to have a second marriage ? Like getting the option to marry again ?

The moodlet is a known bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (2,943 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict

I didn't have an option "to get second marriage". It looks like my playing sims, who already was married, think they never were married before. And all of the wives and husbands in the world think they are alone and can to get marriage to anyone.

P.S. That is not my picture, I just use it for showing how it looks in the game.

P.S.S. Sorry, I translate in english some phrases to show how it looks, because I play the game in another language.

Message 3 of 49 (2,930 Views)

Hero

So this is basically about the wish to get married again ?

That is a known bug and I will merge your thread once you confirm that's what it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 49 (2,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No, it's not only a wish, they're really getting married and you can see in a family tree, for example, how one woman has two husbands.

Message 5 of 49 (2,924 Views)

Hero

I had an issue where the family tree didn't show the correct husband but the Sims was only married to one Sim.

Can you show a picture how your family tree looks and where it shows that you have two husbands (preferably from your own game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 49 (2,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry, I deleted that family game, that is why I don't have any pictures with my family. But I found not mine picture with exactly the same proplem.

Message 7 of 49 (2,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Well, that is new ..

Pity you deleted that game. Will be kind of hard to reproduce without a save game.

Can you check if the backups (ver0-ver4) are still there ?

Also, since you haven't stated: Are you using mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 49 (2,885 Views)

★★★ Novice

I play the game with mods and without them, but problem was stilll there. And sorry, but I didn't have any backups.

Message 9 of 49 (2,876 Views)

Hero

It's possible that it's one of these issues that if a mod messed it up, it will still be there. What kinds of mods are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 49 (2,872 Views)