Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' death

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CatsandDogs, City Living, Get Together and Get To Work EP's. Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat GP's Laundry Stuff, Childroom Stuff and Sunny Garden Stuff (not sure about these two in English tho)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim related to whoever (for me it happened with NPCs my sim met through his career), the sim dies and your sim will recieve a "phone call" (looks like when the school calls, kind of) and as soon as one clicks it the notifcation will pop up.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim gets the "grieving buff" for 2 days, one buff for each "sim's death" (my sim recieved two "calls" in a short period of time), lasting 2 sim-days. Does NOT apply to the entire household sims, just the one "related" to the passed one.
What do you expect to see? Totally fine with the "notification", but would not want my sim to grieve for 2 days if it's a sim he/she barely knows/just greeted on, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seems to me this occured after the latest patch fix, June 26th (might be the one prior to that one as well (June 18th?), not sure). I have talked to some other people who has experienced this too, but never seen it before the lastest patch(es).

This is how it looks (sorry that this is in Swedish). It says basicaly "Hello, [sim's name]. Just wanted to tell you that [name] has passed away. I thought you wanted to know about it"

Message 1 of 67 (16,089 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' dea

Hero

Sims will be more discerning over who they decide is worth mourning when an NPC Sim passes away.
Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 65 of 67 (12,943 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim gets "phonecall" & notice about another sims' death

Hero
They did make some changes and there's a thread about this here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942152/two-day-sad-moodlet-when-any-npc-sim-dies#latest

Tagging this as unsure for now as I don't know if it's by design or a bug.
Is that the same thing you're seeing ?

Al

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 67 (15,994 Views)

Re: Sim gets "phonecall" & notice about another sims' death

★ Apprentice

yeah, it's the same. thanks!

Message 3 of 67 (15,977 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' de

★★★ Apprentice

I have this happening a LOT as well. My sims are constantly very sad over people they've barely interacted with. At some point my sims toddler even got notified that an adult she'd interacted with ONCE at some party recently had passed away. The most annoying part is that her "phone" was ringing but I couldn't even click it to answer ("toddlers don't have phones!") so it was left ringing for several minutes until it stopped. She still got the 2 day long very sad moodlet and there was virtually nothing I could do to fix it... comforting them doesn't seem to help very much for this particular moodlet.

I actually love the concept but only for close friends, lovers, and family members. I don't really like that everyone who knew the sim in question is traumatized for days by it, even if the extent of their knowing each other was asking them to leave the lot after kicking the trashcan over, or the doctor who delivered their baby.

Message 4 of 67 (15,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Same situation here on my end. If this is by design, Sims Team, I would definitely suggest considering some tweaking. To me, this should only happen if the Sims are at least friends with the person who died. They shouldn't be getting this sad over someone they barely interacted with.

Message 5 of 67 (15,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not sure if this is by design. I've had this feature only appear with friends and family. I've seen, in the relationships menu, strangers die, but no call was made. So maybe it is by design but inconsistent, or it's just bugged. 

Message 6 of 67 (15,898 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Having the same issue! Definitely would love to see this fixed, and agree that having it apply only to particularly close relationships would probably be best. (family/good friends and up probably?)
Message 7 of 67 (15,879 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue here!

I started a new save for my seasons playtesting, didn't have more than 10% friendship with anyone and within the first day of play *BAM*, two day grieving moodlet for my male sim.

He'd only met the guy from the welcome wagon.

Message 8 of 67 (15,852 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah me too, and its a real buzzkill! A whole family of five has been "very sad" all the time, since the new patch - its my 12th generation in the same game, npc and former classmates or whatever die everyday... I have no mods/cc. 

Message 9 of 67 (15,805 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is also happening for me. 2 days of grieving from a phone call is a bit much. My sims won't take care of other needs all they want to do is lay in bed and cry. 

Message 10 of 67 (15,787 Views)