Re: [OPEN] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' deat

by lilithpayne

Original Post

Hero
Unfortunately, there's never an ETA on fixes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 67 (1,528 Views)

★ Apprentice

The only work around I've found so far is to

1. use the cheat:   Sims.give_satisfaction_points 500
  2. Then buy a Moodlet solver potion and have them drink that.

It does set all their needs to full, so I prefer to wait until morning so it doesn't mess up their needs.

A few hours of being sad is better than days. 

Hopefully we'll get an actual fix soon.

Message 52 of 67 (1,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Good news! I think you all will be happy to know that the Gurus seem to have taken notice of this issue and are requesting feedback on it. You can see a Sim Guru reply toward the bottom of this thread here. If you're on the forum, I would suggest posting your thoughts in that thread.

Message 53 of 67 (1,405 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to add to this thread that this also seems to happen with sims that you have a negative relationship with.  Not sure if anyone else has noticed this too.  My sim just got a call for someone passing that she only slightly disliked (they weren't enemies or anything, but they were still in the red), and now she is going to be sad for two days from "losing a friend".  I'm sorry, but they weren't friends.  At all.  I think reactions to negative relationships also needs a bit of tweaking for this new system.

Message 54 of 67 (1,358 Views)

Hero (Retired)
The most strange situation occurred in my game. I saved my sim to library , I removed him from the game and introduced it to the same game after some time again. In this situation, he had friends zero. After entering the game, he immediately got a phone call with information that someone died, and he got a modlet of 7 days of mourning. Of course with the code, you can finish this problem quickly. It made me laugh rather than upset me.I write funny stories and this provided me with a funny theme
Message 55 of 67 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I don't get a notification but any sim that is known by my sim that dies off my lot gives my sims a 2 day mourning moodlet.  Considering my Sim is a politician and knows everyone, she is CONSTANTLY SAD!  2 days is too long. 

I am constantly drinking moodlet solver potions... 

Just received a phone call for a sim I don't even have a relationship with, who has passed away and now I have double stacked sad moodlets.  It even says it's a family member when not only is it not a family member it's a sim that is not on my sim's relationship panel...

[EDIT] The last name is Benson, so it's a relative of my sim's GRANDFATHER THAT DOESN'T EVEN LIVE WITH US! This is way too crazy...

Message 56 of 67 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I can't take it anymore! I'm SO tired of my sims being in perpetual mourning over sims they barely know. It seems like all I'm doing is managing sad sims.

Message 57 of 67 (1,123 Views)

★ Apprentice

hmm seems to me that it might have improved? most of the time I'm not getting a notification anymore, but still the sad moodlet for 2 days... which doesn't really bother me that much anyway now when I'm getting used to it - and thankfully my sims don't know that many elder sims anyway!

although i noticed that plenty of acquaintances/barely friends vanished from my sim's "relative's panel" a while after my original post (the thread start) - i have no idea if it's related to my use of MCCC but i found it quite relieving that he went from having like 50 relations with people to basically knowing just 10, which of those mostly were his family...

but i really hope this will get fixed because it is a bit extreme if even enemies' deaths gets our sims mourning...

Message 58 of 67 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is exactly what my game has become. Nonstop sad sims. I’m playing the 100 baby challenge and all of the eldest children are starting to die. Nearly every day there’s a death. It’s no fun constantly having to play with sad sims or cheat aspiration points for the moodlet solver drink. It’s just too much. I really hope they tweak this. 

Message 59 of 67 (1,087 Views)

my sim has been sad for a week sim time

★★★ Novice

I am aware that is is probably not the place for feedback but I don't know where or how to send it. Can we please do away with the phone calls every time a sim passes away? My sim has been sad for a week straight because people keep passing away. And these are not even friends or loved ones. They are acquaintances. People she doesn't even know well enough to be mourning. She bumped into them at an event or at work and had one maybe two interactions with them in all the time that they both were living. It interferes her mood at work. She's constantly trying to go to the bathroom to talk to herself in the mirror. She can't ask for vampire training because it says she needs for her mood to be in a better state before she can do so. Please put a stop to this. My sims don't need to know every time someone passes away who isn't a close friend or family member. 

Message 60 of 67 (1,033 Views)