Re: [OPEN] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' deat

by cyclelegs

Original Post

Re: Vet Clinic and Mourning Patients

★★★ Novice

Actually after viewing it a bit further, it's very similar to the glitch in the thread you posted. However the only difference is I'm getting no phone call and they've literally had 0 friendly interactions other than treating their pet 

Message 21 of 67 (4,795 Views)

★★★ Novice

There was a remove buffs cheat, I believe that was removed and there isn't an alternative to remove the moodlet. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Message 22 of 67 (4,794 Views)

Re: Vet Clinic and Mourning Patients

Hero

Sounds like the same root cause. I merged the threads @joehasone

A few people in this thread had very little relationship with the person that died.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 67 (4,783 Views)

★ Guide
Agh, I'm experiencing this as well

Almost every night, my sims still get a call about someone they barely know.. It's been frustrating and has really affected gameplay ):

I don't have any mods in my game, so neighbourhoods stay pretty stagnant until they all pass away from old age. It would be great to have more variety in NPCs; that way I don't think there would be nearly as many old age deaths in a row
Message 24 of 67 (4,755 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep this is really not good.  400 sims in the game. All but 6 are NPCs and I only have 42 sims in my favourites category.  My family sims have the 'Beloved' trait so relationships don't decay.  NPCs die of old age a lot and almost every one has a slight acquaintance with an active family member.  So I have mourning/sad sims the whole time.  I mean, 2 days of being sad just because you said high to a food stall vendor 20 years ago seems ridiculous in the extreme.  It needs fixing.

Message 25 of 67 (4,717 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having this issue in my game too. I play in an 8 sim family who have a large extended family that are always dying!

The only solution I have come to is using the Moodlet solver potion you get as an aspiration reward and drinking it when someone dies, using the cheat to get reward points if necessary. 

Really hope they tweek this a bit in the future it would be a great feature if it only for close relatives or friends.

Message 26 of 67 (4,688 Views)

Sims always sad from dead friends/family

★★★★ Novice

I can't post on the sims forums, so I have to do it here. 

I play my files pretty long-term, so I cycle through a lot of life and death of friends and family members within the game. Usually, I could manage the sad moodlet when a family member died, but after seasons expansion came out, my family is now being informed about friends dying as well. This, in turn, makes my sims sad All.The.Time. And the moodlets are stacking. For example, I have a sim in which two of her friends died, and now she has a powerful sad moodlet for the next 4 days combined, and these moodlets are generally powerful enough that I can't smother them with positive ones. 

I tried to cheat the sad moodlet out with testingcheats on and then sims.remove_all_buffs but it doesn't work! Nothing happens at all, their mood is unchanged. What can I do to help this? I'm sick of my entire family perpetually mourning death and it's annoying to spam actions that calm sad moodlets when I have other things I want to do in the game. Please help!

Message 27 of 67 (4,667 Views)

Re: Sims always sad from dead friends/family

Champion (Retired)

The mentioned cheat is one of many cheats that currently do not work. Some of them will be added to the game again but not all. You can find the collection thread on this in the Bugs forum. 

Do you have any Mods installed especially MCCC? If so remove them and look for updates where you got them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 28 of 67 (4,639 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not only does the constant mourning make it difficult for my Sim family, but every Sim they meet is also moping around.  And they took all the cheats away!  Hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 29 of 67 (4,629 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' de

★★★★ Novice

This is definitely something that needs to be fixed. I'm sick of playing files where sims are always sad for people dying. And I can't even remove the moodlet because they took the cheat out to reset moods! Either the cheat needs to be reintroduced, or the mourning moodlet needs to be overhauled. Otherwise, the game is unplayable. 

Message 30 of 67 (4,614 Views)