Re: [UNSURE] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' de

by mimmisc

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem for me, but even worse.   Started a fresh game for the release of Seasons with a sim living alone with the body builder career.  Now that he is in the middle of his adult phase, he gets at least 1-2 Mourning moodlets stacked on him *daily* as a result of sims he's mentored at some point in his bodybuilding career dying of old age.  It's getting out of hand.  He spends all his free time engaged in the proper activities to shed his Mourning moodlets, but then the phone rings again and more stacks get added.  Note: part of the bodybuilding career includes a daily task to mentor others in fitness activities.  Mentoring builds friendships, so my sims is friends with more than half the town by career level 9.  My sim should be plain suicidal by now as the +Sadness from the stacked mourning moodlets keeps mounting and overpowering any other moodlets.  This is ridiculous, but somehow seems intentional.

Message 11 of 67 (2,812 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' de

Hero
Going to add this. Sounds like a new feature over done in the wrong direction. Hopefully it can be tweaked

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 67 (2,788 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree that the notification needs to be only for friends, or give an option to disable. I'm trying to see how many kids I can have with the same couple by having aging on and using only potion of youths. As mentioned in other posts, my sims are in a constant state of grief. It's annoying but understandable for the parents, but the kids have never met their siblings and are still mourning. The moodlets make it difficult to up their skill levels and grades because they're too busy crying to do anything else. 

Message 13 of 67 (2,754 Views)

★ Novice

I had that problem even when they hated me because i bit them on the neck without permission so why would an enemy call you of some death i play as a Vampire

Message 14 of 67 (2,734 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree there should be some difference depending on how well the sim knew the dead one. When playing a "friend of the world"-ambition sim for example even 2 days for friends would disrupt the game. Maybe like 12 h for friends, 1 day for good friends and 2 days for close relatives that you are friends with? 

Message 15 of 67 (2,725 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' deat

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 67 (2,693 Views)

Vet Clinic and Mourning Patients

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Romantic Garden Stuff, Jungle Adventures, Laundry Day Stuff, and My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Working at the vet clinic
What happens when the bug occurs? A customer ages (elderly sim or animal), and the vet that initially greeted them will mourn them for two days constantly.
What do you expect to see? Constant mourning and sad moodlets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after the Seasons patch

Hey everyone,

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything on this glitch I'm having. I have a couple families who are both veterinarians, and they are constantly mourning patients (both animals and sims) who have died for two days. This causes them to only be able to greet patients impatiently. In the past, I was able to use the remove.buffs cheat but with that cheat having been removed, I no longer have a fix for this. I have tested this on multiple computers running Windows 10, and with different save files and the problem persists. 

Is anyone having this glitch? Have you found a workaround? My sims do not interact with the patients in a friendly manner. I select the "Greet Patient" option and treat them, Bill the Owner, and that's it. Neither of my families have family-oriented traits either.

Thanks for any input! 

Message 17 of 67 (2,665 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' deat

★★★★★ Apprentice

I hate it so much... I was in the middle of a date event when some random aquintance died and I couldn't continue the date because every option said that my sim is too sad to do that.... Is there a cheat or something to remove the sad moodlet?

Message 18 of 67 (2,658 Views)

Re: Vet Clinic and Mourning Patients

Hero
Is this about a Sim actually dying (random acquaintance) or did they age up and that was a reason to mourn them although they were still alive ?

If it's about someone dying, it's probably this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-gets-quot-phone-call-quot-amp-notice-about-another-si...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 67 (2,650 Views)

Re: Vet Clinic and Mourning Patients

★★★ Novice

This happens when a prior patient dies. I don't get a phone call or notification, however my sims constantly mourn for two days all their prior vet clinic patients. Mostly this is happening with elders who come in and die a couple days after I've treated their pets, and their relationship is 0 (no green), and they never had an interaction other than healing their pet. 

Message 20 of 67 (2,636 Views)