[FIXED] Sim flashing

by IceCrystalSky882

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim flashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My Sim seems to keep flashing after the new update on the 4th Dec. I noticed it after coming out of build mode and I had my sim continue their work with their book and it hasn't stopped since then, the sim just keeps flashing no matter what. It only stop when the mouse over the sim. So far it hasn't affected the game but it rather annoying. Please fix Standard smile

Message 1 of 39 (4,978 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Flickering sims.

Hero

Marking as fixed

Feel free to come back if it still happens

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 39 (5,300 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim flashing after new update

Hero

Can you try if adjusting the lightning helps

I do see this too and there is a thread for a specific window here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Shantilly-Framed-Windows-causes-Sims-to-flicker/... but it seems to happen everywhere now.

I'll add this on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 39 (4,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Putting the lights on auto seems to help a little, by making the flashing a little easier to deal with. Putting all the lights on makes big flashes and turning them off does the same. It only happens to the household sims, all the other sims seems to look fine and the flashing doesn't happen when they sleep.

Message 3 of 39 (4,901 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If I'm correct in understanding, this is a problem with the 64 bit client. SimguruBchick has already directed this to the attention of the devs here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863552/latest-patch-flickering-sims/p2

Message 4 of 39 (4,894 Views)

Hero

Great. Good to know.

Thanks @Hroun_88

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 39 (4,887 Views)

★★★ Novice

So if I was to change back to the 32 bit client it would stop?

Message 6 of 39 (4,885 Views)

Hero

Worth a try.

You can change it in the Origin client. Click on game properties.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 39 (4,882 Views)

My sims flicker intermittenly.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Sometimes when my sims are standing there or sitting, doing something idle, they'll flicker like there's a bright TV playing in front of them. When I tell them to do something else, it seems to be fixed, but it's disheartening to break up a cuddle session for that. 

I tried to record it in some effort to show this, but the videos came out black. Not sure what's going on there, but in it I had one of my flickering sims looking around, wondering what to do. As soon as I told him to go "Pee Like a Champion", he entered the bathroom and it stopped. So it could be something to do with the lighting, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Also: On PC, Windows 10, was on Windows 7 a few days ago and still had the problem then. Not that it would be relevant, but just wanted to make any questions about that unnecessary.

Message 8 of 39 (4,851 Views)

Re: My sims flicker intermittenly.

Hero

It's a known problem. Seems to be better if you run the game in 32 bit.

For me it happened in one house but I haven't seen it since I moved so it could be worse in some houses.

If it bothers you, I would suggest turning back to 32 bit. you can do so in your game propeties in Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 39 (4,841 Views)

Re: Sim flashing after new update [To Add]

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I don't know if what I've seen is the same problem or if it's the light flickering issue I've seen mentioned multiple places. But it happens to me in 32bit and 64 bit. The flickering/flashing either happens in dark areas (primarily when Sims are sleeping) or if I have too many lights around. Replacing lights doesn't fix the problem. And it doesn't happen in natural light. Only indoors.

Never saw this before the patch. And my system is updated. I'm playing on a high-end Alienware machine that's only a month old. So I know it's not my pc. It happens on a totally vanilla game as well as with CC and mods in.

Meant to report this yesterday. I clicked "Me too" on the similar thread to this that mentions a window from GTW - but, I'm not using that particular window anywhere. It seems to be a problem with shadow casters and the game engine.

Message 10 of 39 (4,855 Views)